主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
X-SPDIF 3 HDMI Connection Modes
Hello everyone. After utilizing the X-SPDIF 3 for a few days, I've encountered a few problems. Please keep in mind that I'm not very experienced with audio technology, so the more simplistic your responses are, the better.

1) There are still a lot of popping and cracking noises coming from the gadget when it's linked to my pc when music is playing. I'm not sure if this is a result of a motherboard USB audio intrinsic issue or something else. It may also have to do with buffer/sampling settings in the drivers. When the device is connected to my phone, this does not occur. I would appreciate any help troubleshooting this.

2) I would prefer to use an HDMI cable to connect the gadget straight to my amplifier—that is, without the need for a DAC. With this setup, I am not getting any playing at all (totally quiet), and I have tried every possible combination of HDMI pin configurations. When connecting the amplifier via coaxial cable, this does not occur. Does my HDMI cable need to be a different kind?

I'm hoping you people can help me find the appropriate path.

Best regards,
回复
Hi Nautilus,
1. If the X-SPDIF 3 works fine without any popping noises when it is connected to your phone, it means that the popping noise is from the PC through USB connection. Do you have a laptop computer to verify it? If so, use a laptop, don't connect charger, use battery as power, connect to the X-SPDIF3 over USB, check if it has popping noise in this situation.

2. What amplifier are you using? Tell me the model name, I will let you know it works with the X-SPDIF3 via HDMI. The HDMI port of X-SPDIF3 is an IIS-LVDS port, it's not a standard HDMI port, nor HDMI audio or HDMI ARC. Only some particular DACs which support IIS (also known as I2S) input work with the X-SPDIF3, IIS-LVDS is completely different with regular HDMI. If the HDMI port of your amplifier is a regular HDMI port instead of an IIS input, it's impossible to let it work with X-SPDIF3 correctly.
回复
(01-10-2024, 06:42 AM)nautilus 提到: Hello everyone. After utilizing the X-SPDIF 3 for a few days, I've encountered a few word hurdle problems. Please keep in mind that I'm not very experienced with audio technology, so the more simplistic your responses are, the better.

1) There are still a lot of popping and cracking noises coming from the gadget when it's linked to my pc when music is playing. I'm not sure if this is a result of a motherboard USB audio intrinsic issue or something else. It may also have to do with buffer/sampling settings in the drivers. When the device is connected to my phone, this does not occur. I would appreciate any help troubleshooting this.

2) I would prefer to use an HDMI cable to connect the gadget straight to my amplifier—that is, without the need for a DAC. With this setup, I am not getting any playing at all (totally quiet), and I have tried every possible combination of HDMI pin configurations. When connecting the amplifier via coaxial cable, this does not occur. Does my HDMI cable need to be a different kind?

I'm hoping you people can help me find the appropriate path.

Best regards,
Connect the HDMI output from your TV to the HDMI input on the X-SPDIF 3. Then, connect the X-SPDIF 3's HDMI output to your sound system or audio receiver.
回复
Hi Annata,
The HDMI port of X-SPDIF3 is IIS-LVDS port, it's not an HDMI port. It's impossible to connect HDMI port from a TV to the X-SPDIF 3.
By the way, X-SPDIF3 is outputing from this port, it's not an input port of X-SPDIF3.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客