主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
X-SPDIF 3 HDMI Connection Modes
Hello everyone. After utilizing the X-SPDIF 3 for a few days, I've encountered a few problems. Please keep in mind that I'm not very experienced with audio technology, so the more simplistic your responses are, the better.

1) There are still a lot of popping and cracking noises coming from the gadget when it's linked to my pc when music is playing. I'm not sure if this is a result of a motherboard USB audio intrinsic issue or something else. It may also have to do with buffer/sampling settings in the drivers. When the device is connected to my phone, this does not occur. I would appreciate any help troubleshooting this.

2) I would prefer to use an HDMI cable to connect the gadget straight to my amplifier—that is, without the need for a DAC. With this setup, I am not getting any playing at all (totally quiet), and I have tried every possible combination of HDMI pin configurations. When connecting the amplifier via coaxial cable, this does not occur. Does my HDMI cable need to be a different kind?

I'm hoping you people can help me find the appropriate path.

Best regards,
回复
Hi Nautilus,
1. If the X-SPDIF 3 works fine without any popping noises when it is connected to your phone, it means that the popping noise is from the PC through USB connection. Do you have a laptop computer to verify it? If so, use a laptop, don't connect charger, use battery as power, connect to the X-SPDIF3 over USB, check if it has popping noise in this situation.

2. What amplifier are you using? Tell me the model name, I will let you know it works with the X-SPDIF3 via HDMI. The HDMI port of X-SPDIF3 is an IIS-LVDS port, it's not a standard HDMI port, nor HDMI audio or HDMI ARC. Only some particular DACs which support IIS (also known as I2S) input work with the X-SPDIF3, IIS-LVDS is completely different with regular HDMI. If the HDMI port of your amplifier is a regular HDMI port instead of an IIS input, it's impossible to let it work with X-SPDIF3 correctly.
回复
(01-10-2024, 06:42 AM)nautilus 提到: Hello everyone. After utilizing the X-SPDIF 3 for a few days, I've encountered a few word hurdle problems. Please keep in mind that I'm not very experienced with audio technology, so the more simplistic your responses are, the better.

1) There are still a lot of popping and cracking noises coming from the gadget when it's linked to my pc when music is playing. I'm not sure if this is a result of a motherboard USB audio intrinsic issue or something else. It may also have to do with buffer/sampling settings in the drivers. When the device is connected to my phone, this does not occur. I would appreciate any help troubleshooting this.

2) I would prefer to use an HDMI cable to connect the gadget straight to my amplifier—that is, without the need for a DAC. With this setup, I am not getting any playing at all (totally quiet), and I have tried every possible combination of HDMI pin configurations. When connecting the amplifier via coaxial cable, this does not occur. Does my HDMI cable need to be a different kind?

Best regards,
Connect the HDMI output from your TV to the HDMI input on the X-SPDIF 3. Then, connect the X-SPDIF 3's HDMI output to your sound system or audio receiver.
回复
Hi Annata,
The HDMI port of X-SPDIF3 is IIS-LVDS port, it's not an HDMI port. It's impossible to connect HDMI port from a TV to the X-SPDIF 3.
By the way, X-SPDIF3 is outputing from this port, it's not an input port of X-SPDIF3.
回复
(01-10-2024, 06:42 AM)nautilus 提到: Hello everyone. After utilizing the X-SPDIF 3 for a few days, I've encountered a few problems. Please keep in mind that I'm not very experienced with audio technology, so the more simplistic your responses are, the better.

Best regards,
The popping and cracking noises may be due to USB audio driver issues. Try adjusting buffer and sampling settings in the audio driver settings. If the issue persists, consider updating or reinstalling the USB audio drivers.

HDMI cables carry both audio and video signals. Ensure the HDMI cable is properly connected to both the X-SPDIF 3 and your amplifier. If there is still no sound, check if your amplifier supports audio over HDMI and if the correct input source is selected.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客