主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Index of compatibility of IIS-LVDS port of Matrix Audio and other brand products.

回复
Good afternoon. I have a PS Audio DirectStream DAC and am planning to purchase a Matrix Element S. Are the I2S of these devices compatible?
回复
(08-15-2023, 10:12 AM)Anton_2769 提到: Good afternoon. I have a PS Audio DirectStream DAC and am planning to purchase a Matrix Element S. Are the I2S of these devices compatible?

Dear Anton.

Thanks for asking.
I have not paired the 2 devices in 1 system yet.
The pinouts and configurations of IIS out of element S is the same as X-SPDIF3. As I know, a lot of users of PS Audio DirectStream DAC are using their DAC with X-SPDIF 2 and 3. You may find a more accurate answer from PS Audio forums. If the X-SPDIF 2 or 3 works with DirectStream DAC perfectly, the element S does too. Here is some discussions on X-SPDIF 2/3 on PS Audio forums.
https://forum.psaudio.com/t/matrix-x-spdif-2/9116
回复
Hello,

I have a GUSTARD X26 Pro DAC to which I would like to combine the new MATRIX Audio Element S streamer using the IIS-VLSD interface.

I know the PIN details of my DAC and wanted to ask if the Element S is compatible with my DAC or if it is possible to get the details of the 4 kinds of IIS-LVDS pin definition and 2 MCLK modes on this port.

I was also curious to confirm compatibility with the MQA encoding of the Element S, which is not mentioned anywhere.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention.

回复
Regarding IIS pinouts. According to the picture you attached, when the PCM audio is playing, use IIS definition type B on element S to send the audio to your Gustard; but when DSD audio is playing, IIS pinout type C seems match the Gustard. (Please note, this is a speculation based on the pinouts diagram. Matrix Audio uses a high level on pin #15 to indicate DSD while a low level on this pin to indicate PCM, Gustard says mode 0 for PCM and mode 1 for DSD, I don't know if they matches)

The element S is a pure digital transport, it doesn't do MQA unfold. If you are playing a MQA track, the element S will output the original audio data through the USB port or digital audio ports (optical, coaxial, AES/EBU and IIS-LVDS) If your DAC support MQA full unfold through the port you are using, you'll get MQA contents fully unfold. It's depends on your DAC.
回复
Hello,
im having Denafrips Venus 2 Dac. Is there a manual for connecting it with Element S with I2S. Everything is playing good but not sure that IIS+ (4pin) and IIS- (6pin) are not reversed polarity. Currently using type A. Another question is about MCLK Mode, currently using mode B.

Best regards,
Andre
回复
(11-27-2023, 10:20 PM)Andrei_3045 提到: Hello,
im having Denafrips Venus 2 Dac. Is there a manual for connecting it with Element S with I2S. Everything is playing good but not sure that IIS+ (4pin) and IIS- (6pin) are not reversed polarity. Currently using type A. Another question is about MCLK Mode, currently using mode B.

Best regards,
Andre
HI~Andre
I checked the manual of the Denafrips Venus 2 Dac. Regarding the IIS pinouts, use the type A definition of element S and the MODE 0 definition of the Denafrips Venus 2 Dac when playing PCM. The manual of Denafrips Venus 2 Dac does not mention the definition for DSD, so I'm not sure if DSD could be played correctly. 
According to the IIS definition of Denafrips Venus 2 Dac, we can see that pins #10 and #12 for MCLK are not used. So it will not accept MCLK signals from front-end devices, and the MCLK settings on element S will not work.

element S IIS define :https://www.matrix-digi.com/pdf/IIS_LVDS_Pin_Definition_4_Types_CN_v20221212.pdf

Denafrips Venus 2 Dac manual:  https://www.denafrips.com/_files/ugd/4b9...5d170e.pdf
回复
I have Matrix x Sabre 3. Wich of the 4 IIS LVDS choices for Topping m50? Il e
回复
(01-24-2024, 11:12 AM)Giacomo_3319 提到: I have Matrix x Sabre 3. Wich of the 4 IIS LVDS choices for Topping m50? Il e

Dear Giacomo,
I checked the user manual of Topping M50, according to Topping's IIS definition diagram:
1. Set the X-SABRE 3, IIS definition = Type B. 
2. Set the X-SABRE 3, enter device configuration from MA Remote app, find the option "Mute pin of IIS-LVDS port", select  "mute when inputting a low level" or "Don't mute". Please note,  this option is only available for X-SABRE 3 with the latest firmware.

3. Set the Topping: Phase=STDIIS,  DSDR=DATADSD,  Flag=15

This is the speculation according to the definition documents, we have not tested the M50 with Matrix Audio device, I'm not sure if work for you. Please try it.
回复
The n I will decide for Matrix Audio Element s for improving streaming of matrix Audio x Sabre 3.
Element s have two clock and I will run x Sabre 3 with Synk mode. Wich output can you suggest, USB or II2s? Is it well dome or not?
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客