主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Element X connection problems
Another week has passed. Still no fix.
回复
This problem still is not fixed.  I first reported it almost 1 month ago.
The Roon team suggested it may be a firmware problem.  

The Matrix device is visible on the network.
It does show up in the router-management software at the expected IP address.
Roon sees another streamer on the same network. I am not experiencing network problems with other devices.

The Element X plays fine (no problem) via a direct USB connection to a computer.
There also is no problem playing audio from the TV via Toslink. Audio plays fine via Airplay.

In another thread, I mentioned that in MA Player, the "Auto" scanning function seems to be active always
(even if I select "network"). I don't know if this is normal.

If I try to play audio files from a USB memory stick, using MA Player, the song starts to play then stops after a few seconds.

I have tried power-cycling the Element X, the Roon music server, and the router.  Nothing helps.

At some time before this problem developed, several changes occurred in my system, including:
* update to latest Roon version
* update to Linux OS running on the Roon server (sonicTransporter i9)
回复
Today my iPhone has a new version of MA Player.  I did not download it, so the update must have happened automatically.

The new player does not  seem to have any impact on the connection problems I reported before.  I cannot play songs from my local library, Tidal, or Internet Radio.  The song starts to play for a couple of seconds, then stops.

The new player has an additional problem.
The new source selection buttons do not work. When I press any of the 6 buttons, nothing happens. There is no tactile feedback. The front panel on the Element X does not change.

The power button works to set the player to standby, but not to turn it on again (I think this was a problem in the old player app, too.)

The volume controls do nothing.  The Mute button does nothing.
回复
Hi Tom.
Can you confirm the firmware version of your element X?
Check on the unit settings menu. Take a photo of the Product Info page.
回复
Screenshots of MA Player product information page:
(firmware = B91901)

回复
(10-26-2021, 01:54 PM)Tom 提到: Screenshots of MA Player product information page:
(firmware = B91901)

Hi Tom,
We may know where the problem is. My colleague will contact you and tell you what to do.
Thanks for your patience.

Best regards.
回复
Success!

The support team sent me a set of software repair tools.
After downloading them, I opened them in a web browser, then ran a very simple procedure
(to input the correct IP address).  Roon now recognizes the Element X as a Roon-ready device.

The new MA Remote also seems to work now.  I did delete then reinstall it.  
After doing that, the controls seem to work and I was able to play a track from my local library.

This repair took more than 1 month.  I hope Matrix Audio agrees, this was a little too long. 
I even began looking for a replacement device.  Unfortunately, there does not seem to be another product (available in the USA) that offers the same combination of features, build quality, etc., at a competitive price.  I considered networked players such as the Bryston BDA 3.14 (Canada), Cambridge Audio Edge NQ (UK), and Exasound S88 (Canada).  These are all more expensive than the Element X, but I am not confident they would offer better sound quality (enough to justify the prices).  I also looked at several products by Lumin (based in Hong Kong), but some of them cost more than $10K USD !
回复
Hi Tom,
We took the such long time to find where was the issue, not took the time to solve the issue. Please understand.
Thanks for your feedback.
Enjoy your music. Cheers.
回复
(10-29-2021, 12:23 PM)Tom 提到: Hi, Tom. 
I have same problems. 
Can you send me repair tools. 
Thanks in advance.

Success!

The support team sent me a set of software repair tools.
After downloading them, I opened them in a web browser, then ran a very simple procedure
(to input the correct IP address).  Roon now recognizes the Element X as a Roon-ready device.

The new MA Remote also seems to work now.  I did delete then reinstall it.  
After doing that, the controls seem to work and I was able to play a track from my local library.

This repair took more than 1 month.  I hope Matrix Audio agrees, this was a little too long. 
I even began looking for a replacement device.  Unfortunately, there does not seem to be another product (available in the USA) that offers the same combination of features, build quality, etc., at a competitive price.  I considered networked players such as the Bryston BDA 3.14 (Canada), Cambridge Audio Edge NQ (UK), and Exasound S88 (Canada).  These are all more expensive than the Element X, but I am not confident they would offer better sound quality (enough to justify the prices).  I also looked at several products by Lumin (based in Hong Kong), but some of them cost more than $10K USD !
回复
(11-14-2021, 04:18 AM)Jin 提到:
(10-29-2021, 12:23 PM)Tom 提到: Hi, Tom. 
I have same problems. 
Can you send me repair tools. 
Thanks in advance.

Hi Jin,
It seemed that your problems is not the same as Tom.
Please do not use his tool. I replied you  in another thread, please reply me there, I will send you solutions once I got it.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客