Matrix Audio Community
Element X connection problems - 可打印的版本

+- Matrix Audio Community (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums)
+-- 版块: Main Discussion(主讨论区) (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- 版块: English Discussion (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- 主题: Element X connection problems (/showthread.php?tid=175)

页: 1 2 3

Element X connection problems - Tom - 09-25-2021

Recent problems with my Element X:
1. Roon no longer recognizes it as a Roon-Ready device. In other words, the Element X does not show up under Settings/Audio in the  Roon-Ready device list. It only shows up under "other network devices" as an Airplay device. 

2. The MA Player (on iOS 15) cannot play songs from my Library (on USB thumb drive) or from Tidal. The song starts to play for a few seconds, then stops.  The same thing happens when I try to connect Audirvana to the Element X (via DLNA).

I believe I am using the latest versions of Roon, iOS, MacOS, MA Player, and Element X firmware.

I have spent several days trouble-shooting the network, software, settings, etc. but cannot identify the problem.
The Element X network setting is on "LAN", not WiFi, but it behaves as if it is a WiFi device.

My router does recognize the Element X as a wired device in its list of connected devices.

RE: Element X connection problems - Wei Cao - 09-26-2021

Hi Tom,
You mentioned that "but it behaves as if it is a WiFi device", why? what it behaves? Can you describe more details?
Did you tried a hard re-boot to the device? I meant disconnect power supply and reconnect it after 20 seconds.

Wei

RE: Element X connection problems - Wei Cao - 09-26-2021

Hi Tom,
Can you do the following tests:
1. Turn the element X on, let it connect your network properly. Select Network input.
2. Disconnect the power cable of the element X, wait for 20 seconds, connect power cable and boot the device.
Then check Settings/Audio in Roon if the element X show as a Roon Ready device.

Regarding the issue #2, can you record a video to show us the issue happen? It's better we can see both the screen of your phone and the element X. You can send the video (link) to our support email support@matrix-digi.com

Best regards.

Wei

RE: Element X connection problems - Tom - 09-26-2021

(09-26-2021, 12:50 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Hi Tom,
You mentioned that "but it behaves as if it is a WiFi device", why? what it behaves? Can you describe more details?
Did you tried a hard re-boot to the device? I meant disconnect power supply and reconnect it after 20 seconds.

Wei

The Element X "Network" is set to "Ethernet", not "Wireless".  In the "Devices" list, the expected hard-coded IP address does show up.  In my router tool, the Element X does show up as a "wired" device in the Device list.

However, in the Roon list of available devices, on my MacBook Pro, under Settings/Audio, the ElementX only shows up in the "Other network devices" list. Under the name ("Matrix1"), a label says "via Airplay, 192.168.1.24". On my iPhone, the ElementX shows up under "Other network devices", but here the label is "Matrix1 (ShairportSync)" ... via AirPlay 192.168.1.24".

When I set the input to "Network", enable "Matrix1" in Roon, then try to play something, the Element X front panel changes to "Airplay PCM 44.1".

(09-26-2021, 07:54 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Hi Tom,
Can you do the following tests:
1. Turn the element X on, let it connect your network properly. Select Network input.
2. Disconnect the power cable of the element X, wait for 20 seconds, connect power cable and boot the device.
Then check Settings/Audio in Roon if the element X show as a Roon Ready device.

Regarding the issue #2, can you record a video to show us the issue happen? It's better we can see both the screen of your phone and the element X. You can send the video (link) to our support email support@matrix-digi.com

Best regards.

Wei

I have tried unplugging and waiting , then plugging it back in. This does not work. The Element X still does not show up in Roon/Settings/Audio as a Roon Ready device, only as an "other network" device.  

Maybe there is some other reboot/reset procedure? I only know how to use the power cable and the on/off button (front panel).  I do not know how to perform a factory reset or reboot any other way.

RE: Element X connection problems - Wei Cao - 09-27-2021

Hi Tom,
When you play music through Roon via AirPlay, can this device play music continuously?
Does any streaming method work properly on your element X?

RE: Element X connection problems - Tom - 09-27-2021

(09-27-2021, 03:26 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Hi Tom,
When you play music through Roon via AirPlay, can this device play music continuously?
Does any streaming method work properly on your element X?

Yes, the device can play music continuously through Roon (or Apple Music) via AirPlay.
The device can be added in MA Player.
The router management tool shows it is recognized as a wired device on the LAN.
Do all these facts seem to rule out a hardware problem?

RE: Element X connection problems - Tom - 09-29-2021

After rebooting my music server (sonicTransporter i9) and the Element X,
this line shows up in the Roon Server Diagnostic Information:

09/29 11:43:20 Trace: [devicedb] [autodetect] No Match for DeviceAutodetectData[Type=AirPlay Model=ShairportSync DescriptiveName=Matrix1]
In contrast, here’s what I see for a Bluesound device:
09/29 11:42:36 Info: [devicedb] [autodetect] Match DeviceAutodetectData[Type=RoonReady Vendor=Bluesound Model=PULSE FLEX] => Bluesound PULSE FLEX

So it appears that the ElementX is no longer reporting (or the server is not recognizing) the correct Type/Vendor/Model information.  

RE: Element X connection problems - Tom - 09-29-2021

There is an active discussion of this issue on the Roon community forum:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/matrix-element-x-no-longer-shows-up-in-roon-ready-device-list/172545/10

The Roon support team suggests a firmware problem.

RE: Element X connection problems - Wei Cao - 10-09-2021

Hi Tom,
Sorry for the delay, we will check the issues you reported.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

RE: Element X connection problems - Tom - 10-09-2021

Thanks.  I continue to try different things (for example, changing the network settings).
However, nothing has worked. Roon's support team suggested it may be a firmware issue, but at least one Roon user says he has no problems with the latest firmware.  I wonder if there is a way to roll back to an earlier firmware version.