主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
loud clicking when starting DSD file
I find that when playing DSD files from my local drive there is a loud clicking at the begining.

When left to itself it will play smoothly through a series of tracks however when I manually select a new track the clicking happens again.

I have read lots of references to this outside this forum however there are no explanations and some devices do not produce this effect.

I am concerned for my speakers .

Any ideas??

I am using an Element S streamer with Topping pre90 preamp and SMSL SU-10 DAC. When I bypass the streamer and play via the DAC via USB some software results in the click and other software seems to eliminate it.

Howard
回复
Hi Howard,
I will borrow an SMAL SU-10 for a test. Please give me some more time. Thank you.
回复
(12-18-2023, 06:27 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi Howard,
I will borrow an SMAL SU-10 for a test. Please give me some more time. Thank you.
Thank you

howard
回复
Hi Howard,
According to your description, it sounds like the popping noise of resetting the D/A chip when changing sampling rates.
I tested the element S with SU-10 through USB C and USB B input, RCA output. Played DSD 2.8M, 5.6M and 11.2M in DoP mode. But I didn't heard popping noise.
Please watch the video below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oortgk0...sp=sharing
By the way, what amplifier or active speakers are you using with this setup? Are you using RCA or XLR output from the SU-10?
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客