主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
About the compatibility of Matrix Element S and OPPO UDP-205
Hello! I am interesting about the compatibility of Matrix Element S and an external DAC (OPPO UDP-205) when selecting the native output mode for dsd.
There is Matrix Element S (HW ver. 1.1, FW 1.0.5), OPPO UDP-205, which uses a DAC input (ES9038PRO).
This DAC supports DSD64/128/256/512 for Windows 10/11 in native mode without any problems.
Why does your network transport, when selecting the Native operating mode in MA Remote, output DSD data to an external DAC only in PCM 352.8?
And when you select the DoP operating mode in the MA Remote, it outputs DSD data to the DAC - DSD64/128/256?
This seems very strange to me; rather, it should be the other way around!
Question 1: how can I force the network transport to correctly output DSD data when selecting the Native operating mode in MA Remote to an external DAC?
Question 2: for which external DACs does your transport correctly output DSD when the Native mode is selected?
Can you name specific models, for example, from the following brands: Topping, Gustard?

P.S The situation does not change if you select another DAC, for example: Topping EX5.
Thank you.
回复
Hi Igor,
We aware of that the USB native DSD output of element S is not compatible with OPPO UDP 205, but the DoP works fine now. We will try to improve the compatibility, but I don't know when the fix will be available.
I know a customer is using a Topping D70pro as the USB DAC of element S. DSD native is not compatible with the element S.
I don't have a record that element S owners use the device with Gustard DACs yet. We haven't tested the element S with Gustard DACs either.
Sorry.
回复
Hello! Then the last question. Will there be any problems when outputting dsd in native mode using I2S-LVDS to an external DAC, for example, Topping DX7PRO+ or Topping DX9 (15th Anniversary)? Regarding Qobuz - it works absolutely without problems. Thank you.
回复
(12-06-2023, 08:48 AM)Igor_3159 提到: Hello! Then the last question. Will there be any problems when outputting dsd in native mode using I2S-LVDS to an external DAC, for example, Topping DX7PRO+ or Topping DX9 (15th Anniversary)? Regarding Qobuz - it works absolutely without problems. Thank you.
When you are using I2S-LVDS to connect Topping DX7PRO+ or Topping DX9 (15th Anniversary) to element S, you need to select type B on element S. Then configure your Topping according to the picture below. If the Topping displays sampling rates but no sound output when you play a track, try to turn off the option IIS MUTE on Topping.    

Source comparison:https://www.matrix-digi.com/pdf/IIS_LVDS_Pin_Definition_4_Types_EN_v20221212.pdf
                              https://dl.topping.audio/um/dx9.pdf
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: