主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
How to: deleting hidden ._ files with a Mac
Thumbs Up 
Hi there,

I thought I am going to share this here with the community in case someone else was bothered by this.

Background:
I edit medatada and organize my music files on Mac. When then copying the files to an external drive, the MA Remote app reads hidden files and shows them as an "Unknown Album". Mac OS creates those hidden files when the format of the external drive doesn’t support all its metadata for compatibility. The files start with ._ in the file names and are by default hidden on a Mac, but the MA file browser shows them. I found this to be a little bit annoying. But there's an easy fix.

How to:

1. open Terminal on the Mac
  2. change the directory to the external drive
  3. delete ._ files

Find the Terminal app in the Applications folder. Open it.
Type "cd" and then drag and drop the external drive’s icon from the desktop onto the terminal window. Hit enter.
Type "ls" and hit enter. This command lists the contents of the directory. This is to double check that you're on the drive where your music files are.
Type "dot_clean -n ." and hit enter. This command deletes the hidden files in the current folder and all folders within. Don't worry if the terminal app tells you it wasn't able to delete some files. It should have deleted all relevant files.

After plugging in the drive again into your MA streamer, the MA Remote app should no longer list any ._ files, the "Unknown Album" album should be gone. I believe Matrix Audio probably could change the software to ignore ._ files in its browser, but this fix is easy enough for me.

Hope this is useful to the community!
Cheers
回复
Thank you Frank, I will also suggest the dev team to ignore the files starts with ._
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客