主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Playing wrong tracks
Sorry, may have previously posted this in the wrong thread.

I have an SSD connected as my music source. This contains ripped CD's in .AIFF, .M4A and .WAV formats.

This issue i have is, if i navigate to a folder and try to play some tracks it will not play that track, it will play the same track but from a different folder !

For example i have a folder with 4 tracks ripped from a cd, all .AIFF. It will play 3 out of 4 of them from that folder, but it will play the 2nd track from the album, witch is in it's own folder and it's a ripped track in a .M4A format ?

Also when playing tracks from an album, again it will not play the whole album from the files in the folder, it will play some tracks from a folder that contains completions of tracks, like ripped best of CD's.

How can I make it play all the tracks in the one folder and not have it play tracks from other folders?

I've tried ripping some cd's again with and without cue files, it makes no difference.

As you can see, from the screenshot, i'm trying to play track 2, but it's playing it from a different locations.

[img]attachment.php?aid=330[/img]   

Please advise a solution.

Thank you.
回复
Hi Bob,
What device are you using? Can you record the issue by a video, that would be more intuitive.
The forum is not allow big attachments, you can upload it to a online drive and share me a link to it.
回复
(10-13-2023, 07:46 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi Bob,
What device are you using? Can you record the issue by a video, that would be more intuitive.
The forum is not allow big attachments, you can upload it to a online drive and share me a link to it.

Hi,

Here is a video i recorded.  You should be able to click on the "Watch on Youtube" link.  (if that does not work here is the link https://youtu.be/ZOzJ6lpFs7Y )

The issue happens regardless if i'm trying to play from the an SSD or from a network SMB share.  It also makes no difference if i play the .CUE file or the actual audio file.

The video shows me selecting several tracks, however when i show the location of the file it's actually playing, it points to a different album / folder and track.

This happens to all tracks where there an artist has a track with the same name on several albums / singles, they all point to one version of that track.

From what i can gather from doing some testing.  It looks like you are using the tracks meta data to index the tracks and use that to play tracks, rather thank playing the selected track, as when i changed a tracks song title in the meta data by adding "test" to the end of it, it played that track and not the track all the others ones are pointing to.  It also looks like the indexing starts at the end of the directory structure and works it's way to the top, as for all the songs that have the same name (by the same artist, even if it's in a compilation), it will store the first one it comes to and ignore the the following ones, maybe ? (As an example the song "Sugar" by Tori Amos is on several albums / singles and they are all different versions. The last album it's on is "To Venus and Back - Venus Live, Still Orbiting", this is the one that every other version points to).

Also, if the indexing finds an .M4A or .MP3 file first it will always play that version, rather than the uncompressed .AIFF version of that song.

回复
(10-15-2023, 04:03 PM)Bob 提到: The video shows me selecting several tracks, however when i show the location of the file it's actually playing, it points to a different album / folder and track.

This happens to all tracks where there an artist has a track with the same name on several albums / singles, they all point to one version of that track.
Dear Bob,
Sorry for the delay. Understood ths issue.
That's an interesting issue. Can you share a typical album which having the issue you discovered to me? that would be useful for us to study this issue.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客