主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Has MA abandoned 1st generation Element devices?
Hi,
I have Element M (the first generation) which works so far, however I’m a lit worried that MA has abandoned support for 1st generation devices as the firmware was not updated for years. Now it seems to me that Tidal has introduced hires flac to replace mqa, assume it mean change needed in my device to support flac streaming. Will MA continue to provide support and add the Hi-res flac when it’s ready?
Thank you!
回复
Hi Michael,
The MA Remote app will continue to support the 1st gen element devices.
We are planning an update for the 1st gen element devices, hopefully be launched in Q4.
Regarding new streaming quality of TIDAL, TIDAL has not release API update to adapt to the new streaming levels, they said the APIs are still testing internally.
Thank you.
回复
(09-12-2023, 07:41 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi Michael,
We are planning an update for the 1st gen element devices, hopefully be launched in Q4.
Regarding new streaming quality of TIDAL, TIDAL has not release API update to adapt to the new streaming levels, they said the APIs are still testing internally.
Thank you.
Thank you! So my understanding is that Matrix Audio will continue to support 1st generation devices for now, that's great news.
Do you have any plan when to mark 1st generation element end of life and stop supporting them?
回复
To be clear,
Next update may be the last update for 1st gen element device.
This update will be mainly bug fixes. May not add new features.

But I don't know if it is possible to update TIDAL API for the 1st gen element devices.
回复
(09-15-2023, 06:54 AM)Wei Cao 提到: To be clear,

But I don't know if it is possible to update TIDAL API for the 1st  gen element devices.

Ok, I’m a bit confused. What if Tidal makes breaking changes, are you saying it’s not going to be fixed for 1st generation element devices? I can understand that you don’t plan to add new features, but what if existing features need to be fixed due to change by Tidal/Spotify?
回复
(09-15-2023, 07:48 PM)Michael_1189 提到:
(09-15-2023, 06:54 AM)Wei Cao 提到: To be clear,

But I don't know if it is possible to update TIDAL API for the 1st  gen element devices.

Ok, I’m a bit confused. What if Tidal makes breaking changes, are you saying it’s not going to be fixed for 1st generation element devices? I can understand that you don’t plan to add new features, but what if existing features need to be fixed due to change by Tidal/Spotify?

Something is not clear now, let's wait until TIDAL release API update for us.
回复
It may take a while, but there will come a time when the entire Max collection will be exclusively available in FLAC.
回复
(09-12-2023, 07:41 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi Michael,
Thank you.

Hello, Wei Cao
Any news about the firmware update for the 1st. Generartion Element M DAC?
Best Regards
Juan Carlos Santos
回复
(12-04-2023, 03:30 PM)Juan Carlos 提到: Hello, Wei Cao
Any news about the firmware update for the 1st. Generartion Element M DAC?
Best Regards
Juan Carlos Santos
If everything goes well, the new firmware will be released this year.
Thank you for your attention.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客