主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
running hot
I noticed that when my element m is plugged in, but turned off, the unit is hot to the touch.
Obviously, when it gets turned on it gets even hotter.
Over time, excess temps are not good for electrical component reliability.
Is there any concern with respect to this and a reasonable solution would be when not in use, would it be better to remove from power (eliminate possibility of getting hot) instead of just turning it off?
回复
In order to let the unit bet back to work from standby mode faster, the current solution is not completely cut off power supply when it in Standby mode.
The power comsumption of element X/P/M/i is less than 6 watt in standby mode, and less than 10 watt in sleep mode.
It will not affect the performance and reliability of the components, because the components ONLY reduce performance and getting unreliable at extreme temprature

If you cut off power supply every time you turned off the unit (actually it enteded standby mode), you will wait a bit longger when you power it on than wake up from standby mode.

Of course we are still finding new solutions to reduce waiting time of starting the unit (from really power off status), or reduce power soncumption in standby mode.
回复
what effect is there on the capacitors if i choose to cut off the power instead
回复
I would definitely sacrifice a bit longer startup time, for possibility of the device being turned-off (it would be coll to have such an option in the settings).
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客