主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Element S - now a brick
After receiving my element s i hooked it up and started playing local files from my nas via jriver.  I was pleased as i started streaming my many file types.
After running through the different options, i found that hires files dont play. They start, stop, stutter, and jump around. As i went up in sampling rate, the problems increased. Meaning the 96k files played better than the 192k but none of them are listenable.

I thought it might be a firmware issue (why doesnt matrix add the most recent firmware listings for the element s like they do for every other device on the forum?). I found there was an update pending so i downloaded and installed.  After rebooting the device with the exact same settings used as before the update no hires files play without problems. In case it matters, all my testing / listening is being done via the usb output to my dac.

My $80 raspberry pi works (usb output to same dac played through same jriver) with every song & music file type flawlessly so i am using this in the interim.  It also shows me that the problem is not in my audio chain but rather the matrix streamer. In addition, my eversolo a6 works similarly to the pi where every song i have in my collection plays perfectly

Since we are on the topic of bugs and things not working, the app refuses to scan my network for my files even when i select the nas drive.  It has been given permissions, just like the pi and the eversolo streamer I have. I dont need the app to work (I use jriver) I know how bad it is from my prior matrix elements but i thought i would try using the app to eliminate any blame being put on jriver.  

Any suggestions for me to try or should i just return the unit?  
The element s is hires compatible, correct?
Thanks

I tried to attach a lou reed 24b /96k file that is being played on my desktop through the matrix and recorded by my phone but i am not allowed due to file type
回复
Hi Charles,
What DAC you connected to the element S via USB? Are you able to switch to S/PDIF connection to your DAC? Will it work?
By the way, how did you send music from JRiver to the element S?
回复
Wei
I am streaming music to the element s and sending it from the element to my rme adi-2 pro fs be via usb.
This is the same method that works flawlessly if i remove the element and replace with a raspberry pi. Same cables (usb, ethernet), same 1gfb network, same
I will try a coax or optical cable and report back. The reason the spdif was not used is it does NOT support dsd files, which i have thousands of. So, if it works, it is not a solution.
回复
Just reporting back, I switched from usb output to optical out from the element s to my dac and found it had no effect on playback problems
回复
Can you send some photos or screenshots of your system and apps. It would include more useful information.
Thank you.
回复
(07-07-2023, 02:21 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Can you send some photos or screenshots of your system and apps. It would include more useful information.
Thank you.
Due to the delays in getting support, i have returned the element to the distributor.
Please note, it is suggested the usb implementation of the element is at fault for my problems. Inserting any other streamer into the chain fixes the problem.
Matrix should try and recreate the problem since it is so new and not rigorously tested as older element units are.
This scenario was exactly what i experienced with the purchase of my first element 4 years ago. The dlna implementation, which matrix stated was robust, turned out to be a disaster. Eventual admission and engineering work by matrix corrected the problem via a firmware update. I was one of the first to adopt matrix and learned (as many have) that products are released and may not meet spec or every situation. 

Even if i had the element to take a picture of i dont see how a picture would help
What info would you like other than what was provided in my op?  This seems like a delay tactic or a miscommunication or understanding.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客