主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
element x2 pure vs x-sabre 3
@ Wei Cao

Currently I am running the X-Sabre 3 on my Mcintosh C1100/MC2000 and the Magnepan 3.7i.

I would be very interested to hear how the new element X2 pure differs sonically and if there are any other advantages.
回复
Hi dvb project,
The different of sound is subjective, so I can't provide a reference of sound. From the aspect of audio specs, the X2 Pure has lower distortion and less noises.
Other advantages, the most biggest difference is the X2 Pure has a full MA player system, while the X-SABRE 3 has MA player Lite which includes less functionalities than the full version. The X2 Pure has the ability of playback local music through USB storage and NAS (SMB sharing folder). And the X2 Pure has analog input and ARC input.
回复
(06-21-2023, 02:27 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi dvb project,
The different of sound is subjective, so I can't provide a reference of sound. From the aspect of audio specs, the X2 Pure has lower distortion and less noises.
Other advantages, the most biggest difference is the X2 Pure has a full MA player system, while the X-SABRE 3 has MA player Lite which includes less functionalities than the full version. The X2 Pure has the ability of playback local music through USB storage and NAS (SMB sharing folder). And the X2 Pure has analog input and ARC input.

Hi Wei Cao,

thank you for listing the differences.
Since I work exclusively with roon, the full version of the MA player is not my incentive to buy.
The better technical data is of course there, but is the sound thereby also better than the X-Sabre 3 in subjective terms? How would you judge it yourselves?

Many greetings
Oliver
回复
In this case, X-SABRE 3 is more suitable for you.
In addition to the fact that you only use Roon, you have excellent pre-amp from McIntosh, so the Hyper-Control (digital and analog hybrid pre-amp) in the element X2 Pure might be useless for you.
回复
Doesn't switching from one ES9038PRO to two ES9039PROs provide a sonic advantage?
回复
Both, at more than 120dB SINAD, are fully transparent beyond human hearing. Save the money and keep enjoying your X-SABRE 3. I use mine every day and have no plans to upgrade it even if the X-SABRE 4 is released.
回复
I have to say, I am impressed.
If you do an A/B comparison with the element X2 Pure and the X-Sabre 3, the Pure has noticeably more dynamics, especially in the lower registers.
The ability to reproduce a three-dimensional stage is very good with both, though the Pure still allows for more precise localization here.
The clarity of reproducing individual instruments with even the smallest micro details has also increased once again.
Even though I don't currently use many of the Pure's functions, the sonic leap is so great that I will definitely keep it.

To rank the performance, I can say that the X-Sabre 3 has already come very close to my previous Chord Dave.
The element X2 pure does not need to hide sonically against the Dave and has significantly more features.

Chapeau!

By the way, is there anything in Class-A in the analog output stage, because the Pure gets quite warm?

回复
@ Wei Cao

Like in my X-Sabre 3, i would like to insert the SR Purple fuse also to the element x2 Pure. Wink

Could you tell me the value and if it is a fast/slow blew one?

Thanks in advance.
Oliver
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客