主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
What are the 3 USB ports of element S used for? How to use them?
element S has 3 USB ports, a USB-A port, a USB-B port and a USB-C (Type C) port.
  1. USB-A port: When the output channel of element S is set to "USB DAC", the USB-A port starts to work. DACs include a USB input can be connected to this port.
  2. USB-B port: When the input channel of element S is set to "USB Audio", the USB-B port starts to work. At this time, element S can be connected to source devices such as computers, smart phones and tablets.
  3. USB-C port: When the input channel of element S is set to "Streaming", music on the flash drives or portable HDD/SSD can be played from element S. When the input channel is set to "CD Drive", you can play CD records from element S.
  4. Note: When you set the input channel to USB Audio (USB-B), the output channel couldn't be set to USB DAC (USB-A).
回复
Big Grin 
Hello Mr. Wei Cao,

If I want to use USB-C and I set the Element S to "Streaming" and i have a Harddisk with Hi Res. Audio files in a Harddisk Docking station which has the interface USB-A (3.0). Can I use an adapter plug : USB-C (male) - USB-A (female) (see photo) in order to transfer the audio files over the Element S into the external DAC: Topping D90SE ?
Or will I have to buy a new Harddisk Docking station with USB-C interface ?

Are IIS-LVDS in the Element S, compatible with IIS-LVDS in the DAC; Topping D90SE ? (see photo)

Regards 

Lars

附件 图片

回复
(04-22-2024, 03:54 PM)Lars N. Clement 提到: Hello Mr. Wei Cao,

If I want to use USB-C and I set the Element S to "Streaming" and i have a Harddisk with Hi Res. Audio files in a Harddisk Docking station which has the interface USB-A (3.0). Can I use an adapter plug : USB-C (male) - USB-A (female) (see photo) in order to transfer the audio files over the Element S into the external DAC: Topping D90SE ?
Or will I have to buy a new Harddisk Docking station with USB-C interface ?

Are IIS-LVDS in the Element S, compatible with IIS-LVDS in the DAC; Topping D90SE ? (see photo)

Regards 

Lars
Hi Lars,
Yes, OTG adapters are OK, if you can buy a SSD with a native tyep C port, that would be better.

Regarding the IIS connection, please refer to the #2 post in this thread.
https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/showt...hp?tid=400

best regards.
Lihui
回复
Hello Lihui,

Yes, it works with a USB-adapter. Smile

The Second problem is not solved Huh  and it will make the difference weather I chose to buy the Element S or not (I have borrowed it from a dealer). All he other connections works: Coax, AES, Optical, with sound. All the setup settings Wai Cao recommended for the DAC: Topping D90SE are followed and I have removed pin no, 16 from a HDMI cable, but no sound on IIS port! To be specific I have removed the pin in the cable that meets the pin no. 16 in the streamer AND the DAC just as shown on the photo from Wai Cao. In IIS mode on the DAC there are info about KHz, same as for AES, Optical or Coax ! Some info must pass through from Streamer to DAC on the IIS port.
What about the device configuration in the Element S with regard to DAC: Topping D90SE ? 
As it is now: 
IIS-LVDS Port Definition : Type A,
DSD output format from IIS LVDS port : Native
MCLK mode from IIS LVDS port : Mode A

Please, Do you have any suggestions ?

Regards 
Lars
回复
Well, Luck follows the desperate ! Dodgy  Sometimes ! .......I reversed the ends on the HDMI cable on the two units - and the sound came then in high res. audio up to near max. DSD: 46, 128, 256 and Wav / FLAC up to 352.8 KHz....24 and 32 bit .....Problem solved !

Thanks Wai Cao and Lihui  Smile

Lars
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客