主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products
(12-16-2023, 02:18 PM)Dub 提到: Hello again Wei Cao!

Sorry for being so inactive, I have been busy with other stuff. I may have found out why the Element M2 (or more like the MA Remote software) chops the audio when I stream DSD256 or higher from my NAS.

When I play the files from my local storage (Samsung T7 1TB SSD), the kHz/bit's are displayed differently than when streaming from my NAS. Now I know the issue is not with my NAS and I'm happy to report that the occasional network drop-outs have been fixed on both, WLAN and LAN, I have tested both and they work fine.

I'm not sure, but I think the root of the issue is the MA Remote recognizing the DSD files as FLAC's, because when I stream them from my NAS they show 352,8kHz/16bit for DSD64 (on local storage it's 2,8MHz/1bit), 705,6kHz/16bit for DSD128 (local storage 5,6MHz/1bit) and in 768kHz/16bit (local storage 11,2MHz/1bit) for DSD256.

The FLAC's work fine when streaming, it's only the Hi-Res files giving me grief.

Here's a video to show you exactly what happens when I try to stream DSD, sorry for the bad audio quality, but I did not have the patience to hook my iPad to a mixer, connect a microphone and so on, so I just recorded with my iPad.

I really hope this helps, someone said on this thread that "having the Element as a PLEX client would be cool", and I can confirm that it works if you stream only FLAC's, but on DSD streaming there are still issues.

I'm happy to say that things are moving in the right direction with every update.

Here's a link to the video: https://youtu.be/tPVxjlNPoOs

Best regards,
Dub
hi-Dub
What UPnP server are you using? I tested to play DSD from MinimServer, they worked fine.
回复

这个主题的帖子
RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - by LI HUI - 12-18-2023, 06:29 AM

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客