主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products
I have noticed an identical issue with my Element X2 Pure. I use Roon most of the time, but I occasionally switch to AirPlay or Radio Paradise. If I’ve been switching a lot between them, it seems to freeze up until I remove the plug to do a hard reset.
回复
(09-21-2023, 10:55 PM)David_2604 提到: I have noticed an identical issue with my Element X2 Pure. I use Roon most of the time, but I occasionally switch to AirPlay or Radio Paradise. If I’ve been switching a lot between them, it seems to freeze up until I remove the plug to do a hard reset.

phew! good to hear i'm not the only one running into this. hope matrix can track this down and resolve
回复
Hello again Wei Cao!

Sorry for being so inactive, I have been busy with other stuff. I may have found out why the Element M2 (or more like the MA Remote software) chops the audio when I stream DSD256 or higher from my NAS.

When I play the files from my local storage (Samsung T7 1TB SSD), the kHz/bit's are displayed differently than when streaming from my NAS. Now I know the issue is not with my NAS and I'm happy to report that the occasional network drop-outs have been fixed on both, WLAN and LAN, I have tested both and they work fine.

I'm not sure, but I think the root of the issue is the MA Remote recognizing the DSD files as FLAC's, because when I stream them from my NAS they show 352,8kHz/16bit for DSD64 (on local storage it's 2,8MHz/1bit), 705,6kHz/16bit for DSD128 (local storage 5,6MHz/1bit) and in 768kHz/16bit (local storage 11,2MHz/1bit) for DSD256.

The FLAC's work fine when streaming, it's only the Hi-Res files giving me grief.

Here's a video to show you exactly what happens when I try to stream DSD, sorry for the bad audio quality, but I did not have the patience to hook my iPad to a mixer, connect a microphone and so on, so I just recorded with my iPad.

I really hope this helps, someone said on this thread that "having the Element as a PLEX client would be cool", and I can confirm that it works if you stream only FLAC's, but on DSD streaming there are still issues.

I'm happy to say that things are moving in the right direction with every update.

Here's a link to the video: https://youtu.be/tPVxjlNPoOs

Best regards,
Dub
回复
(12-16-2023, 02:18 PM)Dub 提到: Hello again Wei Cao!

Sorry for being so inactive, I have been busy with other stuff. I may have found out why the Element M2 (or more like the MA Remote software) chops the audio when I stream DSD256 or higher from my NAS.

When I play the files from my local storage (Samsung T7 1TB SSD), the kHz/bit's are displayed differently than when streaming from my NAS. Now I know the issue is not with my NAS and I'm happy to report that the occasional network drop-outs have been fixed on both, WLAN and LAN, I have tested both and they work fine.

I'm not sure, but I think the root of the issue is the MA Remote recognizing the DSD files as FLAC's, because when I stream them from my NAS they show 352,8kHz/16bit for DSD64 (on local storage it's 2,8MHz/1bit), 705,6kHz/16bit for DSD128 (local storage 5,6MHz/1bit) and in 768kHz/16bit (local storage 11,2MHz/1bit) for DSD256.

The FLAC's work fine when streaming, it's only the Hi-Res files giving me grief.

Here's a video to show you exactly what happens when I try to stream DSD, sorry for the bad audio quality, but I did not have the patience to hook my iPad to a mixer, connect a microphone and so on, so I just recorded with my iPad.

I really hope this helps, someone said on this thread that "having the Element as a PLEX client would be cool", and I can confirm that it works if you stream only FLAC's, but on DSD streaming there are still issues.

I'm happy to say that things are moving in the right direction with every update.

Here's a link to the video: https://youtu.be/tPVxjlNPoOs

Best regards,
Dub
hi-Dub
What UPnP server are you using? I tested to play DSD from MinimServer, they worked fine.
回复
Hello Li Hui!

Currently I'm using PLEX, and yes I have heard before that MinimServer works, but right now I don't have the funds to buy a Synology NAS nor do I want to, I have a Western Digital WDBVXC0040HWT-NESN 4TB NAS and it works flawlessly except for this one thing (the DSD streaming).

The NAS works on Android OS and I can stream FLAC's and any DSD file lower than 256, so it's not a compatibility issue.

You should test with a wider variety of devices, just testing with MinimServer and thinking it works is not good.
Not everyone has a Synology NAS, people have all kinds of devices and the unit should work with any of them as long as the protocol is UPnP or something else the device supports.

I'm pretty sure the problem is in the MA Remote software, why else would it show different kHz/bit values on the same (identical) files when streamed from USB SSD or my NAS?

I hope you get this fixed.

Best regards,
Dub
回复
Hi Dub,
Generally speaking, the UPnP server should not change sampling rate of the tracks, nor does the Matrix Audio device and MA Remote app. Can you check the setting options in PLEX? If there is some options of sampling conversion or limit?
Does the WD NAS have SMB file sharing protocol? Can you add your music folder to the app?
回复
(12-21-2023, 12:48 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi Dub,
Generally speaking, the UPnP server should not change sampling rate of the tracks, nor does the Matrix Audio device and MA Remote app. Can you check the setting options in PLEX? If there is some options of sampling conversion or limit?
Does the WD NAS have SMB file sharing protocol? Can you add your music folder to the app?

Hello Wei Cao!

I have been fiddling with the settings and found out that I can map my NAS as a network drive in the MA Remote, with that done, no more choppy audio!
Yes, the NAS has smb support but it was a real pain in the butt to figure everything out with only forums as a source of information. Anyway, now it's fixed, hooray!

So, I can confirm that the Element M2 and MA remote work with PLEX servers, I thought it was weird when the sound chopped but I guess it was just my lack of knowledge.
Also, I have one less SSD connected to the Element (my Samsung T7 1TB NvME SSD), now I can stream whatever I want without choppy audio and the files are all in one place.

Thank you for your patience and help, I know I can be harsh at times so sorry for that.

Best Regadrs,
Dub
回复
Dear Arash,
Does the issue easy to reproduce at your side? If so, can you record a short video and share it to us for a reference? Please include how to reproduce the issue and how does the device reacts in the video.
By the way, can you upload the logs from the settings menu after the issue happened again? In the last item "Tech support" in settings menu of the device. Let me know the time when the issue happened, so that we can find the logs easier.
回复
Hello again.

I think something's broken...

After the latest firm/software update(s) (1.1.3.Build017, iPadOS 17.2, MA Remote V3.3.7), I can't access my local music (USB-C SSD drive and NAS) anymore, the MA Remote is giving me networkd errors on both, the USB drive and my NAS.

Here's a video: https://youtu.be/D9vrNHiHJfk

As you can see from the speedtest, the network is fine, everything is hardwired and I can acces the USB SSD and my NAS from other devices (smartphone/PC).

This is happening 100% of the time, I have tried rebooting the unit (several times), resetting to factory defaults, doing a hard reset (also several times), uninstalling/re-installing the software on my iPad, resetting my router and everything I can think of, but so far no cigar.

Please help.

Best regards,
Dub
回复
Hi Dub,
Can you do a factory reset to your device and plug your SSD and add the NAS again?
Please enter the Settings menu from the device, Load Default > Factory reset all settings.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客