主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products
(08-11-2023, 12:43 PM)Hans_2535 提到: I am having two issues (related?).  1) I find the Element i2 offline often, despite the network ethernet connection and ROON operating elsewhere.  To bring back online i need to remove the power cord and re-insert. There is no indication that the ethernet is bad anywhere else in the house.  And 2) Random pauses in ROON playback - like a pause every 10-30 minutes.  The pause requires my to press play again.  (Very annoying). 

I have Hardware v1.5 and Firmware v1.1.0 Build 11.  (Am I up to date?  Anyone else with these issues?)

Thinking about buying a Streamer to support my Streamer.... ugg.

I had similar issues with my i2 dropping off the WiFi. Going hardwired fixed that right up but that's not always an easy solution. I'm currently running wireless without issue in a different location so maybe moving the router might help in your situation.

I think the flakey WiFi is the same root cause as the Roon pausing. Roon seems to be particularly sensitive about imperfect network connections.
回复
(08-11-2023, 02:16 PM)Mike_2541 提到:
(08-11-2023, 12:43 PM)Hans_2535 提到: I am having two issues (related?).  1) I find the Element i2 offline often, despite the network ethernet connection and ROON operating elsewhere.  To bring back online i need to remove the power cord and re-insert. There is no indication that the ethernet is bad anywhere else in the house.  And 2) Random pauses in ROON playback - like a pause every 10-30 minutes.  The pause requires my to press play again.  (Very annoying). 

I have Hardware v1.5 and Firmware v1.1.0 Build 11.  (Am I up to date?  Anyone else with these issues?)

Thinking about buying a Streamer to support my Streamer.... ugg.

I had similar issues with my i2 dropping off the WiFi. Going hardwired fixed that right up but that's not always an easy solution. I'm currently running wireless without issue in a different location so maybe moving the router might help in your situation.

I think the flakey WiFi is the same root cause as the Roon pausing. Roon seems to be particularly sensitive about imperfect network connections.

Thanks Mike - just to clarify, the connection is Ethernet....

The pauses are the most annoying... so jarring to have the music stop mid-note. Moving to different Ethernet connection to test....
回复
I have a really weird problem with the MA Remote (v3.3.0) software on my iPad (iPadOS 16.5.1), if I use Tidal connect, everything works fine but if I switch to MA Remote, it locks the playback to 16bit/44.1khz/96kbps no matter if I choose an album that is 24bit/96khz/1100kbps quality. I have tried every quality setting on Tidal, unistalling and re-installing Tidal and MA Remote on my iPad, unplugging the ethernet/USB, clearing cache on Tidal, re-installind device drivers, logging out of all applications, rebooting (several times) and resetting the unit to factory settings and so on and nothing seems to work.
The files on my local storage (USB SSD) work fine, they show the correct bitrates and so forth but the MA Remote seems to default my Tidal playback to the lowest possible quality setting and I am completely stumped on how to fix it, so right now I'm forced to switch applications whenever I want to listen to Tidal or my local files. Very annoying. Please help.

Best regards,
Dub
回复
(08-11-2023, 02:31 PM)Hans_2535 提到: Thanks Mike - just to clarify, the connection is Ethernet....

The pauses are the most annoying... so jarring to have the music stop mid-note.  Moving to different Ethernet connection to test....

Oh, sorry. I should have read more closely. Yeah, there really shouldn't be any issues on Ethernet.

Another connection or port is worth trying. A few days ago I was seeing 30-50% packet loss on one port of my switch and 1% packet loss on another. Same cable. Time to replace that 15 year old switch, I guess.
回复
Hi,

I purchased an Element i2 (serial WB23SF22215, hardware V1.5, firmware 1.1.0 Build011)  last April 2023. Connected to Iphone 13 with MA Remote app

Since a few days Vradio, Spotify and Tidal connect stopped working. Airplay is also giving issues.

Can you please advise how to resolve?

Thanks
回复
Hello. The same problem Spotify connect and Tidal connect does not work.

Element i2. SW 1.0.8 Build 8. ”Can not reach matrix server” if i try to upgrade.

Iphone 13 min. Latest App version.
回复
Hi,

I really would like to see a reply from Matrix to explain the origin of the issue and how to fix it.

This is not just a "bug", it is a problem that makes the product not functioning any more.

This is now a streamer that does not stream, totally unfit for the used it has been purchase for.

Dear Matrix Team, awaiting for your swift reply and fix.
回复
(08-13-2023, 01:42 PM)Alberto 提到: Hi,

I purchased an Element i2 (serial WB23SF22215, hardware V1.5, firmware 1.1.0 Build011)  last April 2023. Connected to Iphone 13 with MA Remote app

Since a few days Vradio, Spotify and Tidal connect stopped working. Airplay is also giving issues.

Can you please advise how to resolve?

Thanks

Both, Spotify Connect and TIDAL Connect are fully working for me with my element i2 and X-SABRE 3. This is from iPhone 14 Pro Max running latest Matrix Audio Remote app and Firmware 1.1.0 Build011 in my element i2.
回复
(08-11-2023, 04:56 PM)Mike_2541 提到:
(08-11-2023, 02:31 PM)Hans_2535 提到: Thanks Mike - just to clarify, the connection is Ethernet....

The pauses are the most annoying... so jarring to have the music stop mid-note.  Moving to different Ethernet connection to test....

Oh, sorry. I should have read more closely. Yeah, there really shouldn't be any issues on Ethernet.

Another connection or port is worth trying. A few days ago I was seeing 30-50% packet loss on one port of my switch and 1% packet loss on another. Same cable. Time to replace that 15 year old switch, I guess.

Dear Mike - you nailed it.  

Apologies to Matrix - the issue appears to be the switch (and not the new one i thought it was connected to, but an old one).  I moved the Matrix to two different switches and it worked fine.  I delayed in reporting because i have not yet replaced the what i think is the bad switch, so don't have a definitive fix. I should be able to report an update in 48hrs or so.
回复
Now spotify and tidal connect works.

It finds matrix firmware-server too.

Back to normal!

But there is still a issue with Tidal connect and audio volume. If i change the volume on the element i2 it bounces back to the volume set in tidal or maybe to the next even tenth or fifth.

A few quick turns on the volume knob the volume starts to bounce +/- 10 units and the app completely hangs ands blocks the phone.

Latest firmware on unit. Latest app version. Iphone 13 mini.

Introduced in a firmware update (3-4-5 latest something)
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客