主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
X-Sabre 3 Audio Issues
I'm having a couple of issues with my Matrix 3 so after doing as much as I could to troubleshoot the issue, I am not having any luck.

I set the unit up with the intention of using it as a pre because I wanted to eliminate my dedicated pre from my setup. My previous setup:
TCL 55R635 TV Toslink out > iFi iPurifier Signal Optimizer/Conditioner Toslink in > iFi iPurifier Signal Optimizer/Conditioner coax out > Matrix X-Sabre coax in > Matrix X-Sabre XLR outs > Emotiva XPS-1 Preamp XLR ins > Emotiva XPS-1 XLR outs > mono power amps XLR ins
NOTE: I use the iFi iPurifier because the original X-Sabre 1 does not have Toslink in and my current TV only has Toslink out for audio.

That setup has been working for a long time (in various iterations with different TVs and different units in place for the iFi iPurifier) with no issues, using the Emotiva pre for volume control since the first-gen Matrix is solely a DAC with no pre functionality. With the Matrix X-Sabre 3, as I said, I intended to use it as a pre since it has volume control so I set it up as follows eliminating the Emotiva:
TCL 55R635 TV Toslink out > Matrix X-Sabre 3 Toslink in > Matrix X-Sabre 3 XLR outs > mono power amps XLR ins

On the first day, everything was heavenly! I had it set up like that for about 6-7 hours with no issues. I had turned the TV off for about half an hour but left the X-Sabre 3 and the power amps on (which I leave them on all the time anyway) when suddenly, I started getting a steady, rhythmic, startlingly loud pop out of the left speaker. It was pretty late in the house so fearful of waking up EVERYONE (including the dead!) I immediately turned the X-Sabre 3 off.

The next day, I turned on the system and the steady pop was still there. So I began troubleshooting, as only a techie/audiophile worth their salt would. I switched XLR channels on the back of the X-Sabre 3, now the pop was coming from the right speaker so I switched them back. Then I switched the far end of the XLR cables at the power amps and the pop began coming out of the right speaker again. I then replaced the XLR cables with two additional sets I had on hand - same results. So then I completely re-setup the Emotiva and the Matrix 1, thinking maybe I have damaged my power amps somehow. Funny thing though - no pop. So for giggles, I replaced the X-Sabre 1 with the X-Sabre 3 like so:
TCL 55R635 TV Toslink out > Matrix X-Sabre 3 Toslink in > Matrix X-Sabre 3 XLR outs > Emotiva XPS-1 Preamp XLR ins > Emotiva XPS-1 XLR outs > mono power amps XLR ins

Guess what? No pop. So now I have eliminated my XLR cables, the Emotiva, the X-Sabre 1, my mono power amps, my TV and my Toslink cable as being the source of the issue, leaving ONLY the X-Sabre 3. I had read about issues on the internet with popping when unpausing sources or switching sources on the X-Sabre 3 or during turn-on/turn-off that were said to have been corrected with a firmware update so I double-checked that I had updated it and I had.

What's most frustrating is that the pop wasn't present for the first few hours and THEN suddenly it started. It's also frustrating that one of the main reasons that I chose to upgrade was to eliminate the pre from the audio chain and here I am right back where I started because the ONLY workaround that I have found uses the Emotiva as the pre. I'm frustrated and annoyed and fed up.

Then recently I had another issue that was alarming for a unit of this cost and pedigree. The unit would not produce any audio and was completely unresponsive on the touch panel as well as thru the remote. After a couple of minutes of trying to get the unit to respond, I had to unplug it from the power supply to resume audio and to get it to respond to touch inputs as well as remote commands.

These issues are very troubling and I'm concerned that they will only continue being issues going forward. Any ideas? Please advise. Thank you for your time and your help.
Corey "DJ Camilleon" Harville
回复
Hello Corey
It sounds there's hardware issue in the unit. Not sure now. Where did you purchased it?
回复
(01-11-2022, 06:16 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Hello Corey
It sounds there's hardware issue in the unit. Not sure now. Where did you purchased it?
I bought it from Apos Audio. Your assessment matches my own as well. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get rid of the pop. It appears that I will be sending this one back for an exchange. That sucks.
Corey "DJ Camilleon" Harville
回复
Hi Corey,
Thanks for your patience, your dealer will help you to solve it soon.

Best regards.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客