主题评价:
  • 1 次(票) - 平均星级: 5
Firmware update...Using a iMac
Thumbs Up 
Hi everyone...this is my first post on the Matrix Community forum.

I have a new Matrix Sabre Pro MQA DAC, purchased in January. It is hooked up to my Roon Nucleus and Naim amplification. It sounds fantastic!

The one issue that I have, which was only discovered after the purchase, is that the firmware can only be updated using a Windows computer. I am a Mac user, so are my family and friends.
I cannot use Bootcamp on the Mac and install Windows, as my Mac is too old (2011). I can install Parallels third party app, but that is £69 for one year.
Since my purchase in January, I have managed to complete two updates using Parallels 30 day Trial. Since then, there have been two more updates...I understand 2.9 will be rolled out soon.

Are there any Mac users on the Community site that have found a way to update their Matrix product? I don't really want to buy a Windows computer, purley to update my Matrix Sabre Pro MQA DAC.

I have asked Matrix support if there will be a Mac firmware option in the future, they told me they have no plans to do this.

Thanks
回复
Hi, Yes our support team mentioned your question, unfortunately, we have no plan to release a firmware update tool undr MAC OS, Sorry for that.
回复
Hi everyone - I just purchased a Matrix X-Sabre Pro MQA and I'm having no luck connecting to my Roon Nucleus streamer, via USB. Essentially, the Roon Nucleus does not recognize the Matrix DAC no matter how many times I reboot or initialize the system. Seems that Ranger176 was able to get this connection working...would love to hear how this was accomplished. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
回复
Let's see answers from Ranger176, we have no Nucleus for testing.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客