主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Spdif2 goes to “sleep”
My Matrix SPDIF2 works great. But I have an problem. It goes to sleep and I have to unplug the iFi  external  power supply to wake it up.

Here’s the pattern. I listen for hours without issue, then take a break. When I return, the LED Is off and my Mac Mini server (which is configured to never shut down) no longer sees the device as a sound output option.

Before I bought the iFi power supply, I would restart the Mac, which would fix the problem. I assume that had the same effect of turning off the USB power and turning it back on. It’s annoying. Is there a setting to prevent this?

Thanks.
回复
I replace IFI iPower with MeanWell, then no longer any sleep issue for 3 months.
回复
Hi Jim, we did not received any report like the condition you meet.
Hi Adrian, do you have the same issue when you are using an iFi power?
回复
(11-28-2022, 06:28 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi Jim, we did not received any report like the condition you meet.
Yes, when I use iPower 9V, X-SPDIF 2 may go to sleep after PC shutting down.
But it will be OK supplied by USB.
Then I realized that it may be the reason.
回复
Hi Adrian,
Thanks for sharing!
回复
(11-28-2022, 06:28 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi Jim, we did not received any report like the condition you meet.
Hi, I continue to use the unit and the “sleep” issue is inconsistent. It will stay on for days, and then it will be off. Unplugging it and plugging it back in wakes it up. I use it with a PS Audio DAC and no one on PS Audio’s forums reports a similar problem. Apos Audio, where I bought it, offered to replace it if Matrix did not have any solutions.
Thanks, Jim
回复
(12-13-2022, 10:38 PM)Jim_2273 提到:
Hi, I continue to use the unit and the “sleep” issue is inconsistent. It will stay on for days, and then it will be off. Unplugging it and plugging it back in wakes it up. I use it with a PS Audio DAC and no one on PS Audio’s forums reports a similar problem. Apos Audio, where I bought it, offered to replace it if Matrix did not have any solutions.
Thanks, Jim
I need to correct my former answer after I bought X-SPDIF 3 (Replace X-SPDIF 2), and I find the same sleep issue.
And I bought element-H last year.
I am sure that X-SPDIF cannot wake up without USB Power.
I guess that X-SPDIF should be waked up by USB Power and then be disconnected when you have an external DC Power.
So, when your USB Port cannot support enough power to wake up X-SPDIF, just like you connect it to a USB 2.0 Port (500mA max), X-SPDIF is likely to go sleep as you said.

The right way is you connect X-SPDIF to a reliable USB port or using a powered USB cable.
回复
I previously posted a question about my x-SPDIF2 turning itself off after a period of inactivity. I returned the unit to Apos, where I purchased it, and they sent me a replacement. It does the same thing. It goes to sleep, and even when the computer wakes up and I try to select the X-SPDIF2, it remains asleep and is not available in the Mac’s sound menu. So, I plugged the new unit into a different computer, a new Max Mini, via the provided USB cable. It still goes to sleep, but wakes up when the computer wakes up. The new Mac Mini has USB 3.0, hile the old one is USB 2.0. Can this be the reason why the X-SPDIF2 doesn’t wake up?
Thanks.
Jim
回复
I take back what I said.
My X-SPDIF 2/3 would go to sleep when reboot.
So I tried many ways to solve it.

Replace SMPS/LPS
Change USB Port (PCH-Intel Controller, PCH-Asmedia Controller, CPU-Renesas Controller, CPU-element H)

All the above methods have been proved to be ineffective.

After X-SPDIF 3 go to sleep after a hot reboot when it was insert in element H USB Port with External Mode
I decided to sell it.

I am disappointed that Matrix Audio made such a product with hardware design issues.
All DDCs I purchased including Weiss INT204, Mutec MC-3 USB and Audio-GD DI-20HE, and all DACs never had such problem on the same platform.

Hahaha, say goodbye to Matrix Audio X-SPDIF Series.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客