主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
X-Sabre Pro MQA firmware version
Hi,

I just received my new X-Sabre Pro MQA. I quickly checked the downloads and see that the latest version downloadable is v2.8 with XMOS 3.30. I then checked my unit in the settings menu, page 14: Firmware shows v2904. Is this actually 2.9? Am I up to date?

Not sure I did the right thing but I anyway followed the steps of the upgrade, my unit now shows Ver. 2 8 0 ... I guess I downgraded  Undecided
Oh well at least now I know how the firmware update process works.
回复
Hi, your 2904 firmware is latest indeed.
It's recommended that to update to 2.9 again.
Before we publish the new firmware on our website, please send email to support@matrix-digi.com we will send you the 2.9 firmware to you.
回复
(05-14-2020, 02:58 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Hi, your 2904 firmware is latest indeed.
Before we publish the new firmware on our website, please send email to support@matrix-digi.com we will send you the 2.9 firmware to you.

Thank you Cao, I just sent an email to your support address.
Sorry for this mistake, that being said, the X-Sabre Pro MQA sounds fantastic!
回复
(05-14-2020, 04:28 AM)Michel 提到:
(05-14-2020, 02:58 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Hi, your 2904 firmware is latest indeed.

Thank you Cao, I just sent an email to your support address.
Sorry for this mistake, that being said, the X-Sabre Pro MQA sounds fantastic!

Yes we received your email. We will send you firmware soon.
Thanks for puechasing a Matrix audio product.
Stay safe.
回复
Just to confirm, I received the file to restore the firmware and I just did the restore. I am back to 2904 now.
Perfect support. Thank you!
I'll give it a try later today.

Note that with 2.8 I noticed loud pop when connected to USB and the first file starts playing (only once at the start) as someone else mentioned. I'll give it a try with 2904 and check if I notice a difference. On 2.8 I worked around by muting the XSP each time I was changing to another file. BTW it is not excluded that this loud pop is caused my my streamer (a Sonore microRendu running NAA, connected to Roon with HQPlayer). I'll do more testing for sure.
回复
Got it, If the pop noise still exists, and you confrim it's not produced by he streamer, please let us know.
回复
Hi, 

I am still waiting for the delivery of the 2.8 update of the microRendu operating system (Sonicorbiter), at this stage I am using v2.5 and although it is working fine it does not identify correctly the X-Sabre Pro (it says "unidentified device" but it is working anyway). Not a surprise, 2.5 was out much before the X-Sabre Pro. I'll check again when I put my hands on Sonicorbiter v2.8.  

Anyway, I gave it a try bypassing HQPlayer and going from Roon to microRendu to X-Sabre. I played various files without any format conversion: PCM, DSD and MQA... they all played correctly and there was no more loud pop! So the loud pop may be due to a combination of the old version of Sonicorbiter and HQPlayer. 

Conclusion, I am delighted with the X-Sabre Pro MQA. Very nice!

One question: do you plan to have other products in this "Pro" family? One product that could be very interesting for folks doing multi-way system would be a 2/3 or even 4-way crossover unit (managing crossovers and delays): taking stereo digital inputs (like the X-Sabre Pro over USB or IIS), and having multiple IIS outputs that could feed multiple X-Sabre Pro units. I can imagine that the market for active multi-way setup is limited but I guess 2-way setup (monitors + subs) is larger. I for sure could imagine going 2+2 in my setup.
回复
Got it. Glad to hear that you fixed the issue.
We will consider your kind feedback. Thank you.
Stay safe.

Cao
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客