主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Element H Card
Hi,
Installed Element-H USB3.0 Card as instructed by the User Manual. No SATA Connector. External iFi iPower X. Switch to EXT. Windows 10.
Windows has installed automatically the driver and it seems OK on Device Manager. As shown in the attached picture.

However, Any USB device connected to the card, such as Disk On Key, or iFi DIABLO, does not recognized at all.
Whats more, when try to install the driver from Matrix-digi, it response with an error. As shown in the attached picture.

Please help.
回复
Hi,
With windows 10 system, you no need to install the driver.
Can you connect your phone to the USB port over a USB cable, you can see if the phone is charging? If not, it indicates that there is no power output from the USB cable.
Please test and let me know.
回复
(06-10-2022, 05:16 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi,
Can you connect your phone to the USB port over a USB cable, you can see if the phone is charging? If not, it indicates that there is no power output from the USB cable.

Connecting a Phone and there are no charging.
So, no data, no power.
Though, card seems to appear correctly at the Device Manager. As in the enclosed screenshot.

附件 图片

回复
(06-10-2022, 08:10 AM)Avi_1987 提到:

So, no data, no power.
Though, card seems to appear correctly at the Device Manager. As in the enclosed screenshot.

Hi there,
The element H works fine, but it seemd that there is no power output through the USB port.
It displayed in Device Manager correctly because the element H works with the PCIE port. 
Can you test the SATA power input?
回复
(06-14-2022, 04:51 AM)Wei Cao 提到:
(06-10-2022, 08:10 AM)Avi_1987 提到:

So, no data, no power.

Hi there,
The element H works fine, but it seemd that there is no power output through the USB port.
It displayed in Device Manager correctly because the element H works with the PCIE port. 
Can you test the SATA power input?

Hi,
1. Due to some technical complications within my PC, connecting a SATA power input is outside of my capability. It need to be send and done at external lab.
Anyway, the intention of purchasing the Element H is using external power.
2. Note that the iFi DIABLO and iFi Gryphon, which are internal battery based DAC/AMP, both are not recognized.
3. I've also tried to cancel any power management restrictions at the Windows level and at the USB device level.
4. I've also tried to reinstall Windows 10 driver downloaded from matrix-digi, as advised as an option at the user manual, but responded with a strange error message, screenshot enclosed.

Please advised

附件 图片

回复
Hi Avi,
Ok.
I'm not intented ask you use the internal power supply, it's just part of the troubleshooting process.
You are using Windows 10 system, no need to install the driver. It's foe Windows that lower than Win 7. The power supply only affected by the switch, the driver and software settings do not affect the power supply.
Can you check the DC connector of your iFi iPower X? Is it in the correct demension? The outer diameter is 5.5mm and the inner diameter is 2.1mm (+ for inner, - for outer). The voltage should be 9-12v. Can you confirm the iFi is outputing voltage of 9-12v?
回复
Hi,
I do poses 2 charger models: iFi iPowerX and iFi iPower2.
Both are 5.5×2.1mm, (-) outside, (+) inside. As shown in the enclosed pic.
However, iFi has 4 variants for iPowerX: 5V/3.0A, 9V/2.5A, 12V/2.0A, 15V/1.5A. And 4 variants for iPower2: 5V/2.5A, 9V/2.0A, 12V/1.8A, 15V/1.2A.
My variant are 5V/3.0A for iPowerX and 5V/2.5A for iPower2.
If you can make sure that this voltage are the only cause the non identified of the DIABLO and Gryphone (despite both are battery based), then I'm willing to consider one of those solutions: Purchase new iFi iPowerX 12V/2.0A, or iPowerX 9V/2.5A, or sent to lab and connect to SATA power.
Will this solve the identification? Do you suggest the 12V/2.0A or the 9V/2.5A?

Avi

附件 图片

回复
Hi Avi
First, it definately not work with 5V power supply.
Can you connect a 9-12V power supply to the element H, then test with a USB drive, if it works well, it means the element H is no problems.
Then we can talk about the 2 audio devices. (Because we don't know the work logics of both DIABLO and Gryphone, so we should confirm the element H works well first)
回复
Hi,
Got some generic power supply with variable voltage - now DIABLO and Gryphon works. Both with the 9V and 12V states of the power supply.
Many thanks.

Looking forward for building full setup, please advice:
For best audio with Element H Card, which are the best - Internal SATA power,  or iFi iPowerX 12V/2.0A, or iPowerX 9V/2.5A?

Thanks, Avi
回复
Hello Avi,
Theoretically, the 3 type of power inputs are the same.
Hope the forum members can share you some subjective experiences to you.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客