主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Matrix Mini I Pro reacts to static electricity
Hi,

When I have some static electricity from clothes and I touch the volume knob of my Matrix Mini I Pro to control the volume, the sound starts to randomly fluctuate decreasing to zero or almost zero volume every 10 seconds for 0.5 - 1 sec.

It seems that rebooting the DAC cures that. 

Why does it do it? How do I prevent it?
回复
Please make sure your power supply connected to the ground reliably.
By the way, avoid statics when you touch any appliances including your mini-i Pro.
Thanks for your feedback.
回复
(06-10-2022, 05:06 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Please make sure your power supply connected to the ground reliably.
By the way, avoid statics when you touch any appliances including your mini-i Pro.
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks. How  do I make sure it is connected to ground reliably? Mini I pro has a built in power supply inside the unit.
回复
Make sure you are using a standard IEC power cable, and both the hot, neutral and earth wires of your power socket has connected to the power mains reliably.
You can seek help from a professional electrician.
回复
How did we shift so much offtopic? The question was: why does static electricity affect the work of Matrix Mini I Pro so much? Why does rebooting fix that? Is it how it was designed? You are the only person who can answer the question.

It goes without saying that I am using the standard cable that actually came with Mini I Pro. And of course I have proper earth in my house electrical system.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客