主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Mini i pro - how do I limit the max sampling rate?
Hi, I want to limit the max sampling rate to 24/192 Khz for my Mini i pro.

How do I prevent it from working in any mode above that? Thank you.
回复
Hi Sev,
The DACs by Matrix do not changes the audio sampling rates, it receives, displays, and handles the original sampling rate of audio signal ffrom each channel honestly.
If you would like to let the DAC playback audio signal not higher than 24-bit/192kHz, you should try to change the output settings of the output device. (If it is able to change)
By the way, the PCM sampling rate support of Matrix products over the optical and coaxial connection will not higher than 24-bit/192kHz, that's the highest supported specs of both input channels.
回复
Nvidia Shield TV box outputs audio via USB. Matrix sometimes recognises that stream as 192 Khz and is working fine, and sometimes as 384 and then does not produce any sound. If Matrix could dictate the maximum sampling rate that is being produced by Shield or somehow restrict that, the system will work more reliably. The choice of the sampling rate is intermittent. If I disconnect the USB cables that runs from Shield to matrix and re-insert it, often that sampling rate will drop down to 192 and work fine, or if I restart the Shield it fixes that most of the times. But if I could set a maximum sampling rate by Matrix it would resolve all problems.
回复
(05-31-2022, 05:20 AM)Sev 提到: Nvidia Shield TV box outputs audio via USB. Matrix sometimes recognises that stream as 192 Khz and is working fine, and sometimes as 384 and then does not produce any sound. If Matrix could dictate the maximum sampling rate that is being produced by Shield or somehow restrict that, the system will work more reliably. The choice of the sampling rate is intermittent. If I disconnect the USB cables that runs from Shield to matrix and re-insert it, often that sampling rate will drop down to 192 and work fine, or if I restart the Shield it fixes that most of the times. But if I could set a maximum sampling rate by Matrix it would resolve all problems.

Dear Sev,
Thanks for your detailed feedback.
It seemed that the compatibility issue of the DAC with audio source devices. 
Currently, DACs from Matrix are fully tested and compatible with Windows PCs and Apple macOS computers, with other source devices, the DAC may not work perfectly.
回复
Thanks for answering the questions which I did not ask.
Is there a way to limit max sample rate in some DAC settings? Or will your DAC attempt to produce the sampling rate it is not capable of producing? Thanks
回复
(06-07-2022, 05:49 AM)Sev 提到: Thanks for answering the questions which I did not ask.
Is there a way to limit max sample rate in some DAC settings? Or will your DAC attempt to produce the sampling rate it is not capable of producing? Thanks

No, it's impossible to limit the sampling rate support of the DAC.
A DAC do not produce sampling rate, it only accept audio signals passively.
回复
The very fact that it attempts to reporoduce the sampling rate it is not capable of producing is the problem. The source is only connected to the DAC via USB, as you stated it's max sampling rate for the USB connection is 192, and yet I see 384 Kbs on the screen. Naturally, it is when it fails.

I wonder, are your other higher sampling rate devices (like X SPDIF 2) are they able to accept and produce 384 and more via USB?..
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客