主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
PrimeMini 5 NUC connected to X-Sabre PRO IIS port - No Sound
Dear all,

I am new here and would like to ask the community or an MA admin/expert for help.

I am running a PrimeMini 5 i7 PC (NUC) as ROON Core connected to my X-Sabre PRO (MQA) via USB, which works quite nice but since I read
some good attestations regarding sound quality of the IIS port, I ordered a Audioquest Carbon 48 (1meter) HDMI cable to test the sound improvements. As well
I want to have more flexibility in regards of connections to the DAC.

My problem is that I do not have any sound via IIS HDMI connection. On Roon (PrimeMini 5) I enabled the HDMI connectors in the settings and I also can choose the port to play music via HDMI (Note: Roon does recognize my DAC as X-Sabre 3 on auto but via USB this is no problem).

It seems like my X-Sabre DAC does not connect to the PrimeMini which I can see on the display. I tried to turn the cable since these autioquest cables are directed but nothing helps.

Does anybody have an idea if I have to do some changes on the X-Sabre Pro settings?
Or if this is a Roon related issue in connection to the X-Sabre Pro?
Or if there needs to be a adapter in between these devices (I read about some)?

The vendor of the PrimiMini or its' distributor told me that IIS with ROON works w/o issues ("just enable the HDMI adapters in ROON on the PrimeMini PC") so this much looks like an issue on my X-Sabre (firmware updates to the latest version 3003

Thank you in Advance

Sezayi
回复
Hi Sezayi,
The IIS LVDS is totally different with HDMI ports. They are using the same copnnector, but transfers different signals in different protocol.
Usually, the IIS signal is output by a certain audio device, we call them Digital Interface, such as Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2. Some of other manufacturers also have their digital interface products. But there is not standard pin definition of IIS port, so, not all the IIS output devices are compatible with every IIS input devices.

Best regards,
Wei
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客