主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
X-SPDIF 2 with Aurender N100C - no sound
I'm using the X-SPDIF 2 with my Aurender N100C, and have a weird problem. It worked for two days and then suddenly stopped working. The Aurender plays the files and the DAC shows a signal lock, but there's no sound.
This is my setup: Aurender N100C → USB → Matrix → I2S → PS Audio DirectStream Jr. DAC

The DAC would lock onto the sampling rate correctly, but always shows “24 bit” even if I’m playing 16 bit files.

I know the Aurender is working because direct connection from Aurender to DAC via USB works fine.
I know the Matrix is working because connecting from the computer works fine (i.e., Computer-- USB-- Matrix-- I2S-- DAC. works fine). I tested the following configurations:
Aurender → USB → DirectStream Jr. [works]
Aurender → Coax → DirectStream Jr. [works]

Aurender → USB → Matrix → I2S → DirectStream Jr. [doesn’t work]
Aurender → USB → Matrix → Coax → DirectStream Jr. [doesn’t work]
Aurender → USB → Matrix → Coax → Burson Conductor 3 DAC/amp [doesn’t work]

Computer → USB → Matrix → I2S–> DirectStream Jr. [works]

One interesting thing happened though with this setup:
Computer → USB → Matrix with iFi iPower X 9V → I2S–> DirectStream Jr. [doesn’t work]
But…unplugged iFi iPower X, the LED on Matrix turns off and on, and then music starts playing again. 

I wasn't able to repeat this behavior, with or without the  iFi iPower X. 

I tried 1) restarting the Aurender, 2) shutdown Aurender wait 30 seconds and turn on, 3) factory reset Aurender.

So I think I’ve narrowed down to some kind of compatibility issue with the Aurender and Matrix. Maybe the Matrix isn't locking onto the signal from the Aurender. But I don’t understand why it worked for two days and then suddenly stops working. I also don’t know how the iFi iPower X fits into all this. 
回复
An update. Aurender did a remote session a couple of days ago and fixed the problem! Their team found that the Matrix has “two volume controller interface and one of that was set to 0%.” They reset it back to 100% and everything is working now. They will implement this fix in future Aurender software updates.
回复
(11-21-2021, 05:32 AM)Wenson 提到: An update. Aurender did a remote session a couple of days ago and fixed the problem! Their team found that the Matrix has “two volume controller interface and one of that was set to 0%.” They reset it back to 100% and everything is working now. They will implement this fix in future Aurender software updates.

Thanks for your update.  Heart
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客