主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Collecting bugs of X-SABRE 3
(03-29-2022, 05:25 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Thanks for your detailed information, our current products are not perfectly compatible with mesh networks. 
Do you still have problems with this unit now?

Hi

Sorry for late answer, I did not receive notification about your post.

Everything is 99% fine for Wifi  Wink

About every hour or 2, there is some 1 second "noise" during playing. Why? I do not know. My server is ethernet connected to the Wifi Access point...

Previous Wifi issue was my fault as I did not close the dedicated 5 GHz band to external connexions.

To my knowledge, there should not be any specific issue with Mesh network, access points are standard ones. You can have issues with Mesh if you move and get connexion to other closer access points. But I do not move with the X-Sabre3  Big Grin

Do you have any plan to update the manual about:
  • filters
  • dither
Kind regards
Thierry
回复
(04-06-2022, 04:28 PM)Thierry 提到:
(03-29-2022, 05:25 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Thanks for your detailed information, our current products are not perfectly compatible with mesh networks. 
Do you still have problems with this unit now?

About every hour or 2, there is some 1 second "noise" during playing. Why? I do not know. My server is ethernet connected to the Wifi Access point...
Do you have any plan to update the manual about:
  • filters
  • dither
Kind regards
Thierry

Hi Thierry,
Can you describe what kind of noise happens in which playback method? 

About the filters, the frequency response of X-SABRE 3 with these filters are the same as the element X. This is a feature of ESS D/A chips. The diagram you posted is almost the same as our diagram in the user manual.

For Dither, please see the following contents for references.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dither#Digital_audio
回复
Hi

I know very well what is dither  Big Grin: replacing digital distorsion linked to rounding and truncation errors by a 144 dBFS noise when you decrease the bit depth of an audio track. You can also push this added noise above audible frequencies by noise shaping.

I was speaking about explaining it in the manual of X-Sabre3 for everybody. Same for filters description. In a manual, in my opinion, you should have explanations for ALL functions. Dither and filters basic explanations lack in X-Sabre3 manual.

For the "noise", it hard to describe with words. Music is still there but "fuzzy" during 1 second.

Regards
Thierry
回复
Hi Thierry,
Can you pay attention to that if the fuzzy happens at a specific position of a specific track?
Or it happens completely radomly?
回复
Hi

I have the feeling that it is random. It is not a "dropdown" that happens when the buffers are empty due to network issues. My wifi is quite good, I could listen to DSDX4 trough Wifi.

But I am not sure, and will pay attention if it happens again.
回复
(04-19-2022, 10:16 AM)Thierry 提到: Hi

I have the feeling that it is random. It is not a "dropdown" that happens when the buffers are empty due to network issues. My wifi is quite good, I could listen to DSDX4 trough Wifi.

But I am not sure, and will pay attention if it happens again.

Hi, 
Got it, we will continue to investigate this issue.
回复
X-SABRE 3 streaming DAC, latest firmware update, ethernet wired connection to 1Gbps internet line, mostly used through Tidal Connect, from both PC and Android smartphone.

I'm noticing an issue that is happening more and more often over the last months, like some kind of degradation in the stability of the software.
Sometime the Tidal controller app (regardless if on the smartphone or the PC) loses the synchro with the streamer, with the time and progress bar not advancing, and by consequence the lyrics not being synchronized with the music.
The skip next/back buttons still work, as well as selecting an other song, that means the connect is not completely lost, but the playback time status does not sync.
Of course I've already verified that this happens only with the X-Sabre. When using Tidal Connect onto other devices they are all fine, that is the issue belongs to the X-Sabre and not to the controller app, or the LAN connection or other factors.
Putting the device in stand-by and on again does not solve the issue. Only by unplugging the power and completely restarting the device does help. Unfornutely after a few days it happens again, even if not in specific predictable conditions.

Besides of this, I also report that Tidal Connect on X-Sabre does not implement gapless playback, which is an other issue reported in other threads.

I hope the Matrix team can look into Tidal Connect functionality and improve it as needed.
Thank you.
回复
(10-08-2022, 05:26 PM)Faby 提到: X-SABRE 3 streaming DAC, latest firmware update, ethernet wired connection to 1Gbps internet line, mostly used through Tidal Connect, from both PC and  Android smartphone.

I'm noticing an issue that is happening more and more often over the last months, like some kind of degradation in the stability of the software.
Sometime the Tidal controller app (regardless if on the smartphone or the PC) loses the synchro with the streamer, with the time and progress bar not advancing, and by consequence the lyrics not being synchronized with the music.
The skip next/back buttons still work, as well as selecting an other song, that means the connect is not completely lost, but the playback time status does not sync.
Of course I've already verified that this happens only with the X-Sabre. When using Tidal Connect onto other devices they are all fine, that is the issue belongs to the X-Sabre and not to the controller app, or the LAN connection or other factors.
Putting the device in stand-by and on again does not solve the issue. Only by unplugging the power and completely restarting the device does help. Unfornutely after a few days it happens again, even if not in specific predictable conditions.

Besides of this, I also report that Tidal Connect on X-Sabre does not implement gapless playback, which is an other issue reported in other threads.

I hope the Matrix team can look into Tidal Connect functionality and improve it as needed.
Thank you.

Hi Faby,
I wanted to reproduce the issue you reported, but I cannot find how to display lirics in TIDAL. Can you advice?
回复
Brightness is misspelled in the settings of the latest firmware version. It says "Brigthness"
回复
(10-18-2022, 02:22 AM)Ryan_2174 提到: Brightness is misspelled in the settings of the latest firmware version. It says "Brigthness"

Thank you so much! Correct it right away.  Heart
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客