主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Collecting bugs of X-SABRE 3
Thank you for reply. I took a new phone and it is working without issue.

About the bug that freeze streaming on wifi i think it is not acceptable for a over 3K euro streaming dac. Have you a roadmap to fix it?
Can i help you gathering logs fron my system (if possibile ) or running some check on commands on unit?

Please let me know. Thank you.
回复
Thanks for your suggestions. We will try our best to optimize it.
回复
Hi Wei Cao
I am from chile, very happy owner and user of the streamer, my choice was always for tidal connect and roon labs, there are really some glitches and disconnections (tidal connect), nothing deters me from the sound of the DAC (with Naim SN3 and focal kanta2). but It is necessary to repair this function and be optimal as spotify connect.. We all expect that works better.

Best Regards,

Ps. all network works better with ethernet (please read https://www.stereophile.com/content/no-server-island)
回复
(03-23-2022, 02:45 PM)JOSE MAURICIO 提到: Hi Wei Cao
I am from chile, very happy owner and user of the streamer, my choice was always for tidal connect and roon labs, there are really some glitches and disconnections (tidal connect), nothing deters me from the sound of the DAC (with Naim SN3 and focal kanta2). but It is necessary to repair this function and be optimal as spotify connect.. We all expect that works better.

Best Regards,

Ps. all network works better with ethernet (please read https://www.stereophile.com/content/no-server-island)

Hi Jose,

Can you describe the specific issue you met? Do you mean the X-SABRE 3 will display "Not Playing" for 2-3 seconds between every tracks? Or some other situation?
回复
Hi

I am a French Hifi reviewer.
Firmware is 1,0.1 build 048
I have a strong Wifi 6 mesh, with 1 Gbps bandwidth. X-Sabre 3 is 3 feet away from the access point.
X-sabre 3 is directly connected to power blocks, no preamplifier.

Issue 1: Noises and scratches with Wifi
There are "bad" noises if you move manually to another track (same sampling). It happens also at "next track". This issue nearly fully disappears with ethernet connexion (it remains a little "something"....)  With other DACs (as Weiss 502 or Tambaqui, it seems that there is some kind of mute before play when clock changes)

Issue 2: Jriver DLNA server does not see X-Sabre 3
But Jriver can see X-Sabre 3 when connected to ethernet (I have other wifi DACS in other rooms one floor above, and Jriver can see them all)
Bubleupnpserver (that I use to transform DNLA renderers to Open Home renderers) always see X-sabre3, Wifi and Ethernet.
I have a used more than a dozen of DACs, it is the first time I have this behavior.

Issue 3: With DLNA, quite important "noises" when sampling frequency changes in a playlist. But this issue seems to be less present with ROON (less often and less "noise"): to be confirmed with ROON. Seems to be more important with Wifi than with Ethernet: to be confirmed

I will make other comprehensive tests on these subjects and keep you posted.

Kind regards
Thierry
回复
UPDATE

ISSUE 2 SOLVED
When using both Jriver (sometimes) and Bubbleupnpserver+Minimserver+Lumin App (because it is the best setup to haver both DNLA equivalent AND Qobuz without paying big bucks for ROON) you need to setup different "names" for
- X-sabre3 DNLA Ethernet
- X-sabre3 DNLA Wifi
- X-Sabre3 Open Home Ethernet
- X-Sabre3 Open Home Wifi

You have to do this once in wifi and once in ethernet. And this remains OK for ever.

ISSUE 3 and maybe ISSUE 1
In a playlist, when next track does not have same sampling, maybe a mute is needed before starting next track (how do other DLNA renderers? as Weiss 502, Trinnov Amethyst and a lot of other DLNA renderers that I have tested or owned)
Of course you cannot have a mute for each next track, it would break gapless play.

Kind regards
Thierry
回复
Hi

This is not a bug report...

Is there somewhere information about the 7 filters available in X-Sabre3?

Kind regards
Thierry
回复
(03-26-2022, 08:07 PM)Thierry 提到: Hi

This is not a bug report...

Is there somewhere information about the 7 filters available in X-Sabre3?

Kind regards
Thierry

Hello

Are the X-Sabre3 filters equivalent to those measured on ASR for X-Sabre Pro?
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...orld.8729/

[图: matrix-audio-x-sabre-pro-mqa-dac-filter-...-png.32224]
回复
Hi

UPDATE

WIFI issues are solved.

My Wifi 6 Mesh Network has 3 bands: 2.4 GHz and two 5 GHz bands. One of the 5 GHz band is dedicated to communication between access points.

For some unknown reasons, X-Sabre3 was alternatively connected to one or the other of the 5 GHz bands.

I forced X-Sabre3 to connect only to the relevant 5 GHz Band, and no more issues.

I could use DSD512 tracks (45 Mbps) without any problem.

Tiny noises remain when there are clock changes, ethernet and Wifi, that is a minor default.

Kind regards
Thierry
回复
(03-27-2022, 11:30 AM)Thierry 提到: Hi

UPDATE

WIFI issues are solved.

My Wifi 6 Mesh Network has 3 bands: 2.4 GHz and two 5 GHz bands. One of the 5 GHz band is dedicated to communication between access points.

For some unknown reasons, X-Sabre3 was alternatively connected to one or the other of the 5 GHz bands.

I forced X-Sabre3 to connect only to the relevant 5 GHz Band, and no more issues.

I could use DSD512 tracks (45 Mbps) without any problem.

Tiny noises remain when there are clock changes, ethernet and Wifi, that is a minor default.

Kind regards
Thierry

Thanks for your detailed information, our current products are not perfectly compatible with mesh networks. 
Do you still have problems with this unit now?
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客