主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Tidal Connect Gapless Playback not properly working
Hi.

System: X-Sabre 3, updated to last firmware and connected to a 1 Gbps network via wired ethernet.

I'm experiencing an issue when streaming with Tidal Connect: the transition between tracks is not gapless; it introduces a pause of 1 or 2 seconds in the listening.

Often it's not relevant, but in some cases it results to be quite annoying, especially when listening to classical music or live concerts, where I'm expecting to enjoy the whole listening session with no gaps and interruptions over the full record.

I'm quite sure this is not the way it should behave. Evidence is:
1) When using Tidal app as standalone, directly on the smartphone, the gapless playback works fine; and the same if using Tidal app from a PC with the X-Sabre3 connected via USB as a DAC
2) When using Tidal Connect on other devices like Volumio on a RaspberryPI the gapless playback works fine
3) When using Tidal via ROON, being Roon to send the stream to the X-Sabre3, the gapless playback works fine

Only direct Tidal Connect to X-Sabre 3 results in this behavior with gaps between tracks.

Anyone else reporting this issue?
Is there a fix for this?

Thx
回复
I have reported this issue since the X-SABRE 3 was released back in August 2021. And as of today, the issue remains the same. No gapless playback with TIDAL Connect. Spotify Connect does play gapless, though. All the devices I have at home that have TIDAL Connect play gapless, the only one with no gapless playback is the X-SABRE 3.
回复
Thank you for confirming the issue. It's not just about my device then.

I wonder if the development team has recognized the bug and is working on a fix.

A rather expensive streamer like the X-Sabre should be properly maintained up-to-date in order to keep the market value aligned accordingly.
回复
Hello Faby and Enrico,
Thanks for your suggestions, I will talk to the dev team about this issue again.
回复
For those who maybe interested in this subject, I'm quoting here an extract from an other post :

I've just updated to the latest firmware , v1.0.2 Build018.
In the meantime I can notice a big improvement in regards to the gapless feature.
With this firmware Tidal Connect is not yet gapless as it should be (I'm sure it should be, because when connecting to other streamers it is gapless), but it's now certainly and definitely better than the previous firmware.
The transition from current track to the next is now much quicker : it took a couple of seconds with previous 1.0.1 firmware, and it takes now just a fraction of a second: much better then. Good work.
However it's not yet really Gapless, so we will still hear an interruption between tracks, but it's better then before.
Looking forward to seeing in the roadmap a future release with a definitive gapless feature fix.

Thx
回复
(11-08-2022, 11:38 PM)Faby 提到: For those who maybe interested in this subject,  I'm quoting here an extract from an other post :

I've just updated to the latest firmware , v1.0.2 Build018.
In the meantime I can notice a big improvement in regards to the gapless feature.
With this firmware Tidal Connect is not yet gapless as it should be (I'm sure it should be, because when connecting to other streamers it is gapless), but it's now certainly and definitely better than the previous firmware. 
The transition from current track to the next is now much quicker :  it took a couple of seconds with previous 1.0.1 firmware, and it takes now just a fraction of a second: much better then.  Good work.
However it's not yet really Gapless, so we will still hear an interruption between tracks, but it's better then before. 
Looking forward to seeing in the roadmap a future release with a definitive gapless feature fix.

Thx

After more then six months and several firmware updates the implementation of Tidal is still questionable and not satisfactory. 

The gapless feature is not fully working  as it should.  When switched on, the transition from one track to next one is actually "faded" (that is technically different from "gapless") and the effect is that you have a quite quick change, but you still hear an interruption between tracks.

Compare it to the behaviour in Roon or in Volumio , and you'll see the difference.  For example The Wall (Pink Floyd) is a good test album for this, as it should behave as a continuous sound track, with no break/interruptions between tracks. 

Furthermore ,  the Tidal Connect feature keep working quite bad. Every 2/3 days I have to unplug the power cable and fully restart the x-Sabre , otherwise the app from the smartphone fail in the connect.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客