主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Manually configure LAN IP Element X
Question 
I have had my Element X for a year and half now and have been enjoying it with ROON.  Last week I had to replace my router and Access Points due to hardware failures.  I have been having issues with getting it connected back to my network.  I have reset to factory defaults even.  I restarted the wifi configuration with the MA app and I did see on the display that it was connected to my SSID but I get an IP that is not issued from my router.  When I plug it into the LAN I also get an IP that appears to be in the same subnet as the wifi.  

As I try to figure why this is happening I would like to configure this with a static IP.  I don't see instructions on how to do this in the manual or in the MA app.  Can I please get someone to show me where this information is or let me know how to do this.  I am comfortable working in a command line tool if necessary also, just want to get the IP set to static. 

SW_VER: B91901
HW_VER: 1.6

Huh

Thank you for assistance with this.

Matt
回复
Hi Matt
Can you take a photo of the display of Product Info page? Including 2 pages in Product info.
You can find it in the Settings menu.
How did you know you have connected to the new router? You saw the Wi-Fi icon on left top of the home screen? or saw the SSID in Product Info?

Does your MA app can find the element X now?

It's no need to factory reset the element X after the network router be replaced. Just run the network configuration wizard again.
By the way, if you want to try the Ethernet connection, you should set the Network Type to LAN first, you can find it in Settings menu as well.

For the static IP address to element X, the only way is configure on your network router, set the IP address boundle with the MAC.
回复
I have reserved the IP based on the MAC address on the router now.  Is static IP for wifi or ethernet something that is being added or not planned at all?  I find it to be useful for some devices that I want to always know the IP for even if most are DHCP.  Just a curious question.

I know I was on the network either from me being plugged into the switch or when on Wifi from the SSID.  My issue was from Starlink that seems to always be issuing DHCP addresses to the network which is a pain Angry , but I ended up blocking it from the port and I am good now.

I don't think you need the screenshot still but I can post it if needed.  

Thank you,

Matt
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客