主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Element X, hard disk and line out question
Hi 

I've just got an element X and using it as DAC and player for now and have to say is a superb device, loving it.

Got 2 questions which I didn't find anywhere (my bad if they ve already been answered)

* USB host, working flawlessly with an external 5Tb hard disk, question is if when the element x is switched off (but plugged) if there is a way that its usb ports don't get voltage feed. No major issue,  just wondering if possible to reduce energy waste and enlarge hard disk life when is not in use.

* second question if there is any performance impact having both line out connections xlr and se plugged to 2 different amplifiers (speakers and headphones ones ), as both outputs are feed when output is line out mode. Not running both amps at once but to keep them connected,  to avoid continuous plug in and out of their interconnect cables. 
In other brands/devices is adviced despite is possible, better not doing it.

many thanks!
回复
Dear Javier,
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
1. This is a frequently asked question. But unfortunately, it's impossible to turn off the 5V power supply from the USB host when the unit is in standby mode. Some of our customers assume that the hard disk case has the functionality that shutting down the power supply to the SSD or HDD when write and read is inactive. But I don't know if there are such products actually exist.
2. There would no any impact to both the hardware and the sound quality of the device when XLR and RCA outputs are connected at the same time. No matter they are running both amps or only 1 amp is working. I don't know whether other brands/devices have some specific reason for this, I am sure that you are no need warry about this with Matrix devices.
Enjoy the music.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客