主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
How to reset/rescan library & add multiple SMB shares?
Hello-

I just received my Element X and so far so good...but I do have a few questions.  All of my music resides in folders on my NAS according to file type.  I only want to add a few folders from my NAS, but I accidentally added the entire share.  How do I clear the MA Player library’s database and start over?  Also, how do I add multiple folders to my library?  Once I’ve entered the information for a folder, I don’t see any way to edit it, rescan it, or anything.  In fact, once the SMB folder information has been entered, it disappears, so I have no idea how many SMB folders the MA Player library is looking at or anything.  One final question - is there any way to get a progress indicator to display while an SMB folder is being scanned?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Greg
回复
Never mind!  I just had to wait until the MA app finished scanning my NAS library and it was obvious after that.

**UPDATE**

I’m not really sure what’s going on, but I’m mighty confused. Let me try to describe what’s happening...

From a freshly reset-to-defaults state, I add four separate SMB Sharing Folders (under Library - Files in the MA app).  When each folder is added, both the MA app and the device itself indicate that files are being indexed, but all four folder counts come up short of the actual number of playable files.  I exit the MA app.

When I re-enter the MA app, the music from the partially-completed scan appears in my Library (under Artist, Albums, etc), but under Library - Files, the paths to my SMB Sharing Folders are completely gone...just like I never entered them.

The only way I’ve found to force the SMB Sharing Folders’ paths to re-appear is to unplug the Element X and plug it back in.  If I do this, the paths re-appear, but they’re all disabled.  I can re-enable them, which forces a re-index, but the count once again comes up short (by a different about), and on and on...

So, my two big problems are:

1.  File counts (as compared to Roon) executed by MA Player of NAS shares always come up short.  In other words, MA Player can’t properly index files on a NAS; it doesn’t correctly count all the files.

2.  Once NAS shares are added via the MA app, they only appear under Library - Files until the app is exited.  When the app is relaunched, the NAS shares no longer appear under Library - Files.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
回复
One more clue...if I remove my Element X from the list of devices in the MA Remote app then re-add it back, the NAS share paths re-appear under Library - Files...until the app is quit and relaunched. Once the app is relaunched, the NAS shares no longer appear under Library - Files.
回复
Hi Gregory,

1. If you add the NAS correctly, you will see the relevant content in the NAS of Files, and you can perform the disable and rescan operations through the menu key.
When you finish adding NAS, can you see the folders shown in the picture above? If not, can you provide your smart phone model and app version number?
2. Can you provide some screenshots for the problem that will help our reference to analyze the problem.

Thank you!
回复
(05-25-2020, 10:03 AM)Tao 提到: Hi Gregory,

1. If you add the NAS correctly, you will see the relevant content in the NAS of Files, and you can perform the disable and rescan operations through the menu key.
When you finish adding NAS, can you see the folders shown in the picture above? If not, can you provide your smart phone model and app version number?
2. Can you provide some screenshots for the problem that will help our reference to analyze the problem.

Thank you!
Tao-

Thank you for your reply.  I'll explain the problems I ran into today and along the way will answer your questions and (hopefully) provide enough information for you to troubleshoot the issues I'm having.  Also, I'll attach the last 5 attachments in a follow-on post.

Today I started off by trying to push music from Roon to my Element X.  Roon couldn't see the Element X.  I next opened up the MA Remote app (version 1.2.3 using a 2018 iPad Pro 11" w/ iOS 13.5).  My Element X appeared in the app but I couldn't see any of the NAS locations I'd previously entered under Library - Files (see attachment 1).  I removed the Element X from the device list (see attachment 2) and tried to re-add it to the MA Remote app using the IP address that the Element X was reporting on its front panel (see attachment 3) but the app was unable to connect to the Element X (see attachment 4).  I unplugged the Element X, plugged it back in, let it reconnect to my network, and I was now able to add it back to the MA Remote app.  However, now all of my NAS locations show up as "disabled" (see attachment 5) and my library was still empty.  I had to re-enable each of my four library locations which caused the app to rescan all of my music files from scratch.  After finishing the rescan, my NAS locations and the Album list in Library appear as expected (attachments 6 and 7), but the Artists list in Library is empty (attachment 8).

At this point, I can play music fine from the Album page of the MA Remote app.  However, if I exit and re-launch the MA Remote app, there's a new problem.  When I relaunch the app, the Libraries still appear correctly (and the Artists tab is now filled in), but the NAS locations are gone (attachment 9).  Since the NAS locations are gone, I can't rescan them if I add new music.  Strangely enough, if I remove the Element X from the app and re-add it back (attachment 2), all of the NAS locations return (attachment 10).

The biggest problem right now is that I have to unplug/replug my Element X in order to get Roon/MA Remote to see it if it sits idle for more than a day or so.  The Element X itself never appears to disconnect from my network (it still reports having an IP address), but before I unplug it, neither Roon nor the MA Remote app can see it and when I scan my network for connected devices (using a macOS app) the Element X doesn't appear.  I shouldn't have to unplug/replug my unit every time I want to use it.  Plus, once the Element X drops off the network, after I get it reconnected, I have to remove and re-add it to MA Remote and completely re-scan the music on my NAS drives to use MA Player.

Also, I don't understand the issues that I'm having with the MA Remote app losing track of the attached NAS folders once the app is closed.  I shouldn't have to remove and re-add the Element X to MA Remote to be able to rescan my entire library every time I want to scan my NAS drives for new music.

I hope this information helps you get to the bottom of these issues.  Thanks for your help!

-Greg

附件 图片

回复
Hi Gregory,

Thank you for these pictures and your description of the problem.
All these problems, such as Roon can not see Element X, can display album list but not display artist list, these above problems are usually caused by bad network reasons (signals).
So, can you do a simple test, on the Files-NAS page, perform a network connection speed test, and feedback your test results.

Thank you!
回复
(05-28-2020, 09:42 AM)Tao 提到: Hi Gregory,

Thank you for these pictures and your description of the problem.
All these problems, such as Roon can not see Element X, can display album list but not display artist list, these above problems are usually caused by bad network reasons (signals).
So, can you do a simple test, on the Files-NAS page, perform a network connection speed test, and feedback your test results.

Thank you!

When I first attempted to do what you suggested I discovered that my Element X had dropped off the network again, so I first had to re-add it and re-scan all of my NAS files.  However, when I re-added it this time, I connected it to my 2.4GHz network instead of my 5GHz network.  Regardless, the connection speed test reported "good" for both my 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks (attachment 1).

In any event, even after switching to the 2.4GHz network, the NAS folder locations disappear from Library - Files after quitting and re-launching the iPad app; I have to remove and re-add my Element X to get the NAS folder locations to re-appear.  This does not happen when using the iPhone app, so it looks like it's a bug with the iPad app...?

I am hoping that using my 2.4GHz network instead of my 5GHz network will prevent the network dropouts I'm seeing; I'll post back here with any updates with regard to that issue.

附件 图片

回复
I thought I'd post an update:

Changing my the 5GHz network to my 2.4GHz network seems to have fixed the issue of my Element X dropping offline...thanks for the suggestion.

The issue of the NAS folders disappearing from the iPad app when exiting/re-launching the app is still there. I have to remove and re-add my device to the app to get the folder locations to appear again. This problem doesn't occur with the iPhone app.
回复
Hi Greg,

Very good, it seems that the quality of the network connection has improved.

What is the firmware version of your Element X? In the device settings menu, turn to ‘Product Info’ to check, the lastest version should be B51501.

regarding NAS folders disappearing from the iPad app, we can not restore this issue, could you provide a screen record video to show this problem, that will very useful.

please upload the video to google drive and share the link to : support@matrix-digi.com

Thank you!
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客