Matrix Audio Community
Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - 可打印的版本

+- Matrix Audio Community (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums)
+-- 版块: Main Discussion(主讨论区) (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- 版块: English Discussion (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- 主题: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products (/showthread.php?tid=303)

页: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Sergey_2329 - 12-28-2022

Hi, All!
My Element i2 ALWAYS shows PCM 44,1kHz/16 bit when streaming Tidal both on the screen amd in app. Even if I stream DSD from my NAS it shows the same!
Why it does not show MQA?
Why it does not show the file type (FLAC for example)?
Why it does not show higher bit rate (say 24) if it really streams it?

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wei Cao - 12-29-2022

(12-28-2022, 03:30 PM)Sergey_2329 提到: Hi, All!
My Element i2 ALWAYS shows PCM 44,1kHz/16 bit when streaming Tidal both on the screen amd in app. Even if I stream DSD from my NAS it shows the same!

Streaming DSD from your NAS?
Can you describe how you streamed the DSD from NAS to the element i2? Any screenshots or photos of the app and the device screen?

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Sergey_2329 - 12-29-2022

(12-29-2022, 08:23 AM)Wei Cao 提到:
(12-28-2022, 03:30 PM)Sergey_2329 提到: Hi, All!

Streaming DSD from your NAS?
Can you describe how you streamed the DSD from NAS to the element i2? Any screenshots or photos of the app and the device screen?
Hello, Wei! Why are you anwering my question by question?))
Just tell us is it planned to add info about source signal on screen and on app? Thanks

P.S.
You responded in another topic and I have changed Tidal quality to master. Now it shows MQA and higher bitrate. Thanks!

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wei Cao - 12-30-2022

(12-29-2022, 09:45 AM)Sergey_2329 提到: Hello, Wei! Why are you anwering my question by question?))
Just tell us is it planned to add info about source signal on screen and on app? Thanks

Hi Sergey,
Because I would like to know more details so that I can provide them to the dev team for an analytics and troubleshooting.
The device display and the app do display the bit depth and sampling rates when the music file is read from USB storage or streamed from NAS.
Do you know the actcual specs of the DSD files? DSD 2.8M 5.6M or higher? And how did the element i2 displayed the sampling rates?

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Erik_2350 - 01-06-2023

Hi. I have a Matrix element i2. Latest firmware 1.0.. Iphone 13 mini v16.1.1 with MA remote app v3.2.1. I use it as a streamer from Tidal connect, spotify connect and local streaming of CD collection stored as WAV on Naim Uniti Core (upnp/dlna media server).

Bug 1: No files in Albums. The i2 finds the Naim uniti core mediaserver instant. It shows albums correct with sleeve. But when clicking on album it it says ”This album is empty”. Same thing going via artist to album. BUT if i create a playlist on the Naim the i2 finds it. When clicking on the playlist the songs are there (with correct metadata) and are playable. Super sound!

Bug 2: when clicking twice on the 3 dots to the far right of screen when Albums are listed the app is shut down/crashes.

No difference if i2 is connected via LAN or Wifi.

I use the Naim uniti core to another brand streamer (Lumin) and it picks everything up correct from the Naim (albums, artist, tracks etc). Works flawless. I say this to ensure the Naim works fine.

Thank you for a wonderfully sounding product.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wyllio - 01-07-2023

The current Matrix Audio Control Panel driver breaks a few Windows 11 features and functions. Screen saver, power plan turn off the display, and sleep functions of Windows 11 do not work when the audio driver is present. These functions return to normal after quitting the driver or turning off the element i2.

element i2
Hardware: V1.5
Firmware: 1.0.6 Build002
Matrix Audio Control Panel
Version 5.50.0

Edition: Windows 11 Pro
Version: 22H2
OS build: 22621.963
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
Installed RAM: 32.0 GB (31.2 GB usable)

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wei Cao - 01-09-2023

(01-07-2023, 10:52 PM)Wyllio 提到: The current Matrix Audio Control Panel driver breaks a few Windows 11 features and functions. Screen saver, power plan turn off the display, and sleep functions of Windows 11 do not work when the audio driver is present. These functions return to normal after quitting the driver or turning off the element i2.

Dear Wyllio
We have not received same issues from other customers. I'll ask the driver developer for help. If I get an answer, I'll reply to you here.

(01-06-2023, 06:21 PM)Erik_2350 提到: Bug 1: No files in Albums. The i2 finds the Naim uniti core mediaserver instant. It shows albums correct with sleeve. But when clicking on album it it says ”This album is empty”. Same thing going via artist to album. BUT if i create a playlist on the Naim the i2 finds it. When clicking on the playlist the songs are there (with correct metadata) and are playable. Super sound!

Bug 2: when clicking twice on the 3 dots to the far right of screen when Albums are listed the app is shut down/crashes.

Dear Erik,
The bug #2 is a known issue, we have fixed it, will be release with some other bug fixes by next version.

We have not tested our products with Naim Uniti Core, I'll try to loan a Naim Uniti Core to test if possible.
Thanks for your feedback.

(01-06-2023, 06:21 PM)Erik_2350 提到: Bug 1: No files in Albums. The i2 finds the Naim uniti core mediaserver instant. It shows albums correct with sleeve. But when clicking on album it it says ”This album is empty”. Same thing going via artist to album. BUT if i create a playlist on the Naim the i2 finds it. When clicking on the playlist the songs are there (with correct metadata) and are playable. Super sound!

By the way, can you configure your PC as a UPnP media server, and try if it works with the element i2 properly. You can refer to the following instructions.
https://www.matrix-digi.com/pdf/UPnP_Media_Server_Configuration_Guide_EN_v20221111.pdf

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Erik_2350 - 01-11-2023

Thank you VERY much for the answer. Unfortunatly i not sure i have possibility to try a pc-based upnp-server.

I wolud be very, very thankful if you could solve the problem with Uniti core compatibility…

Best regards
Erik