Matrix Audio Community
Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - 可打印的版本

+- Matrix Audio Community (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums)
+-- 版块: Main Discussion(主讨论区) (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- 版块: English Discussion (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- 主题: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products (/showthread.php?tid=303)

页: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Hans_2535 - 05-28-2023

(05-24-2023, 04:39 PM)Mike_2541 提到:
(05-24-2023, 03:24 AM)Enrico_1425 提到: That happens to me sometimes but I’m pretty sure it will get fixed with a firmware update.

This also happens randomly while playing music. Several times a week. It just randomly pauses. No way to capture that.
 I also have random play stoppage in ROON. Like maybe 3-5 an hour…. So frustrating. Any guidance or fixes at hand?  Any acknowledgement that this is an issue for the product or a case-by-case thing? (Element i2).

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wei Cao - 05-29-2023

(05-28-2023, 12:11 PM)Dub 提到: Hi,

I'm having a lot of grief with the MA Remote software,

Dear Dub,

1. musics can't be find in album view, but can be find in file view, it becuase these music files are lack of metadata, so these files are put in the the "Unknown album". To solve the problem, you need to edit the metadata of the music files. At least add Album name, Track title and Artist to the music files. you can use the metadata editor Mp3tag.
2. We didn't adapt the MA Remote to Android tablets, it only can be used on Android phones, we don't recommend you install the app on a tablet. If you would like to use the MA Remote app on a tablet, please use an iPad and install the app for iPadOS. You'll get tablet dedicated vertical and horizental layouts.
3. About the issue of chopped playback of DSD256 files. How do you connect your element M2 to your network? Wi-Fi or Ethernet? The Ethernet connection is more stable.
4. By the way, how did you connected your SSD to the element device? Does that SSD has a USB-C connector? or you are using a Type C OTG adapter?

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Dub - 05-29-2023

1. The metadata is just fine, some of the albums show up in the "album" view (with album art and everything) but they are EMPTY and contain no tracks, even though I can find them in the "File" or "Track" view, I made a manual playlist and that way I can listen to the album(s).
2. Do you really think I'll buy a new iPad just to control my M2? My iPad is late 2014 model and can't run the software... Well TOUGH LUCK, it's your responsibility to make the software compatible on BOTH platforms, android AND iPadOS. You just can't ignore all the android users and tell them to "use a phone or buy an iPad", this is NOT acceptable. I have seen a LOT of posts here about the same issue and I think it's VERY bad customer service to only support Apple tablets.
3. I have tried both, wired and wireless, with the same results.
4. The SSD has an UBS-C to USB-C connector, by which I have connected it to the M2, no OTG adapters.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-29-2023

Here's a clip of my Element I2 playing a YouTube video on my Mac Mini using USB. This happens after 10-20 minutes when I'm using using the USB output in non-exclusive mode (Teams calls, YouTube videos, etc.). I tested Roon playback in exclusive mode but couldn't reproduce the issue.

This is a serious defect and affects my ability to use the device. I work from home and this is what it sounds like when I'm on a conference call with my team. It's completely unacceptable.

https://youtube.com/shorts/iuIjCFU1U24

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-30-2023

(05-17-2023, 04:57 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Dear Mike,
I listened the recording, with maximum volume I heard thepopping noise.
I have forwarded this issue to the dev team and try to reproduce at our side. Thanks for your understanding.

The longer I use the I2, the more I realize that this occurs with any transient following a dead silence. You either get a faint click, tick, pop or the first fraction of a second gets clipped.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wei Cao - 05-31-2023

(05-30-2023, 04:49 PM)Mike_2541 提到:
(05-17-2023, 04:57 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Dear Mike,
I listened the recording, with maximum volume I heard thepopping noise.
I have forwarded this issue to the dev team and try to reproduce at our side. Thanks for your understanding.

The longer I use the I2, the more I realize that this occurs with any transient following a dead silence. You either get a faint click, tick, pop or the first fraction of a second gets clipped.
Hi Mike,

The dev team is trying to find the root of the issue, but I can't tell you a specific time of solving it now.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-31-2023

(05-31-2023, 03:28 AM)Wei Cao 提到: The dev team is trying to find the root of the issue, but I can't tell you a specific time of solving it now.

Thank you for the update.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Dub - 06-01-2023

Here's a YouTube video showing how the MA remote can't find my shared music, I have updated all soft and firmware to latest versions, and as you can see everything should be good but I still can't access my files no matter how I try. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. And don't try to tell me it's a metadata issue, I forgot to add a capture from Foobar2000 that is showing all the song names and album titles etc correctly.

https://youtu.be/nLWxCZ9mfQY

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Dub - 06-04-2023

OK, I tested sharing my DSD files through a PLEX media server and the MA Remote did find my music so the problem was not with my NAS being trash (at first I thought the choppy audio was because the NAS did not have enough RAM or CPU power but it was not), it seems the MA remote does not support Windows local network shares, you might want to look into this. I'll get a new(er) iPad (7th gen. iPadOS 16) next week and will test the functionality with iPadOS. I shared a DSD256 music folder through my HTPC via PLEX and had the same choppy audio issue as before, everything was hardwired so it was certainly not a network or WIFI issue. I can confirm the choppy audio when streaming DSD to be a bug, I have tried any and everything I know form my 30 years of experience with audio equipment and 20+ years of experience with PC's, and so far I have only been able to reproduce the issue but nothing has resolved the issue, so I can only assume that this issue is with the Element M2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this.

best regards
Dub

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 06-04-2023

(06-04-2023, 03:13 PM)Dub 提到: I tested sharing my DSD files through a PLEX media server and the MA Remote did find my music

I didn't know this was possible. Would you mind explaining how you shared from PLEX to the MA Remote?