Matrix Audio Community
Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - 可打印的版本

+- Matrix Audio Community (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums)
+-- 版块: Main Discussion(主讨论区) (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- 版块: English Discussion (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- 主题: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products (/showthread.php?tid=303)

页: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-17-2023

(05-17-2023, 04:57 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Dear Mike,
I listened the recording, with maximum volume I heard thepopping noise.
I have forwarded this issue to the dev team and try to reproduce at our side. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you. Do you think this will be fixed? I never know when the beginning of a track is going to pop or sound like the beginning of a track will sound clipped. I definitely don't want to keep this streamer it if it won't be fixed. Sad

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wei Cao - 05-18-2023

(05-17-2023, 10:48 PM)Mike_2541 提到: Thank you. Do you think this will be fixed? I never know when the beginning of a track is going to pop or sound like the beginning of a track will sound clipped. I definitely don't want to keep this streamer it if it won't be fixed. Sad
Hi Mike, is your unit configured to sync mode or async mode? Can you check it?
[attachment=300] [attachment=301]

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-18-2023

(05-18-2023, 02:20 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi Mike, is your unit configured to sync mode or async mode? Can you check it?

It is configured as Asynchronous mode.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-19-2023

Ugh. I'm beginning to regret purchasing the I2. What a disappointment.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Enrico_1425 - 05-19-2023

(05-19-2023, 03:40 PM)Mike_2541 提到: Ugh. I'm beginning to regret purchasing the I2. What a disappointment.

Mike, just give them a couple of days to figure things out. This is 100% firmware related. I have a X-SABRE 3 and element i2 and none of them behave the way yours behave.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Aibek - 05-20-2023

I planned to buy Matrix Element X2 Pure, but after such messages I began to doubt something. Does anyone have Matrix Element X2 Pure?

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-24-2023

Another bug with the Element I2:

1) Press the power button to wake player.
2) Wait for it to wake up.
3) Press play in Roon.
4) The music starts playing.
5) The music stops playing (it goes to paused).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0GlotPOyM

Seriously regretting this purchase. There are more defects but I don't have a ton of time to capture all of them. And now my return window has lapsed waiting for support to provide... support. So disappointed.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Enrico_1425 - 05-24-2023

(05-24-2023, 03:16 AM)Mike_2541 提到: Another bug with the Element I2:

1) Press the power button to wake player.
2) Wait for it to wake up.
3) Press play in Roon.
4) The music starts playing.
5) The music stops playing (it goes to paused).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0GlotPOyM

Seriously regretting this purchase. There are more defects but I don't have a ton of time to capture all of them. And Now my return window has lapsed waiting for support to provide... support. So disappointed.
That happens to me sometimes but I’m pretty sure it will get fixed with a firmware update.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-24-2023

(05-24-2023, 03:24 AM)Enrico_1425 提到: That happens to me sometimes but I’m pretty sure it will get fixed with a firmware update.

This also happens randomly while playing music. Several times a week. It just randomly pauses. No way to capture that.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Dub - 05-28-2023

Hi,

I'm having a lot of grief with the MA Remote software, it only finds a part of my local (USB - Samsung T7 NvMe SSD 1TB) music, which is all in DSD256. I can find the files when browsing from the "File" section, but not in the "album" or "artist" view...

For example, I can play and add files to playlists when selected from the "File" menu but not from the "Album" display.
This is obviously VERY annoying.

Also, the MA Remote software only works when it "feels like it", sometimes it loses all my album art, sometimes I try to change a song by tapping a song on my screen and nothing happens. The "Play" button works most of the time but not always. I'm using a OnePlus 8 Pro and a Sansumg Galaxy Tab A8 (SM-X200) to control my Element M2 (latest firmware and android, latest MA Remote Software).

The Samsung tablet only works in vertical orientation and that really burns my fuse out, the screen scaling does not work, the format/bitrate text is displayed on top of the song progress bar and when using the tablet the software does not work correctly, changing songs is a pain because if I tap a song on the playlist, most of the time nothing happens and I have to press "Play" and manually select the song with the physical remote.

This is the case for both, local music and Tidal. Also, I have a Western Digital 4TB My Cloud Home Personal Cloud NAS (WDBVXC0040HWT-NESN), and when I try to stream DSD256 from it the audio get chopped up to second long segments and is impossible to lsiten, the FLAC's work fine.

This might be just a case of the NAS being trash, I don't think it's a network issue (I have a 100/12MB/s connection), it uses PLEX media server which is not great but atleast I can stream (FLAC's).

I have screenshots showing I can play the audio but no album art, and the software only finds a few of my many albums, I don't know how to post them here because I can't understand Chinese.

I wish I could use the Tablet in horizontal orientation as shown in you website, this should be not that hard to fix. On my phone the (with vertical orientaion) things work a little bit better, but I do have the same issues with the song selection and so on. Oh, and one more thing, I have my files in .dsf format, but some of the tracks refuse to show up in the local media (I have a sceenshot of this), I needed to make a manual playlist to be able to listen to a certain album.

Speaking of which, while it "worked" it displayed my .dsf files as CUE, I don't get it, there is no .cue file or playlist in the folder and this unit is not supposed to be even able to play .cue:s, I tried everything I could think of, renaming the songs/folder, copying to different location and so on but it would still show the "cue" text on my tracks, if it found them at all. Then it DUPLICATED the track as BOTH .cue and .dsf and the metadata was all messed up (the songs were in alphabetical order even though I have "file" arrangement selected).

I really like the sound quality and aesthetics of the M2 and I would like to keep it, I wish you get these issues fixed soon.

Thank you for reading this.

Best regards,
Dub