Matrix Audio Community
Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - 可打印的版本

+- Matrix Audio Community (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums)
+-- 版块: Main Discussion(主讨论区) (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- 版块: English Discussion (https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- 主题: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products (/showthread.php?tid=303)

页: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Hans_2535 - 04-25-2023

(04-19-2023, 06:16 AM)Hans_2535 提到: Dear Wei Cao,

On first hook up (April 15), I tried first with WLAN and put in my SSID name and password.  I connected on the i2, but the app indicated it could not read the QR code - after at least 15 tries -- so ultimately i was not able to move beyond having the QR code id'ed by my phone - the scan never worked.  The Ethernet cable was connected when i was attempting to do this. 

Since this path was not working, I selected LAN on the i2 and was connected immediately and the app connected too.  I updated firmware as instructed.

Now i have irregular connection to the ethernet.  I was connected for about 12hrs yesterday - in standby mode and in active mode.  This am, it was not connected and i had to again do a hard restart (unplug/plug).  I tried taking out the Ethernet cable and reinserting, but that didn't work.

The router is a Duxbury Networking DUX2524P 24-Port Gigabit PoE Switch.  I have many ethernet cables in it and i am very much not sure which is the one running to the Matrix so i hesitate to switch ports.  The Switch is 6 months old and all ports have worked fine.  I doubt there is a port failure. 

Any idea why connection are not maintained? Firmware is 1.08.  Help please.
 Dear Wei Cao,

The issue continues.  I did a hard start (power plug in) and the device connected to the Ethernet after about 15 sec.  I played music for a while but the connection eventually failed.  I restarted the devise (full power down/up) and it reconnected.  This is specific to the ethernet connection. I do not use wifi for my music.

As indicated, the router is 6months new (info on the router is above).  If i will have haphazard connections and need to turn on/off the machine to listen, i am thinking it is defective?  Please advise on next steps.

Thanks

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 04-26-2023

I have an Element I2, Firmware 1.0.8 Build0008, streaming from Roon.

At the beginning of every track, I can hear a faint tick or glitch like the first fraction of a second of the track is being cut off. The rest of the track plays with no issue. This is most noticeable when using headphones.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wei Cao - 04-28-2023

(04-25-2023, 10:43 AM)Hans_2535 提到: The issue continues.  I did a hard start (power plug in) and the device connected to the Ethernet after about 15 sec.  I played music for a while but the connection eventually failed.  I restarted the devise (full power down/up) and it reconnected.  This is specific to the ethernet connection.  I do not use wifi for my music.
As indicated, the router is 6months new (info on the router is above).  If i will have haphazard connections and need to turn on/off the machine to listen, i am thinking it is defective?  Please advise on next steps.
Dear Hans,
Do you have another switch for testing? If so, can you add the switch between the element i2 and the DUX2524P?

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wei Cao - 04-28-2023

(04-26-2023, 10:35 PM)Mike_2541 提到: I have an Element I2, Firmware 1.0.8 Build0008, streaming from Roon.

At the beginning of every track, I can hear a faint tick or glitch like the first fraction of a second of the track is being cut off. The rest of the track plays with no issue. This is most noticeable when using headphones.
Dear Mike, 
Could this issue be recorded in a short video? If so, please do it, please include the display of the element i2 in the video.
You can cend it to my PM, thank you.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 04-30-2023

(04-28-2023, 03:05 AM)Wei Cao 提到:
(04-26-2023, 10:35 PM)Mike_2541 提到: I have an Element I2, Firmware 1.0.8 Build0008, streaming from Roon.

Dear Mike, 
Could this issue be recorded in a short video? If so, please do it, please include the display of the element i2 in the video.

I tried several times to record an example with my phone but the phone must do some audio processing to fade in an abrupt sound. I was not able to capture the glitch.

It does seem more apparent on some albums/tracks. If the track has a fade in, there is no click. If the audio comes in at full volume at the beginning of the track, it sounds like the first fraction of a second is clipped off.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Enrico_1425 - 04-30-2023

(04-30-2023, 02:55 PM)Mike_2541 提到:
(04-28-2023, 03:05 AM)Wei Cao 提到:

Dear Mike, 

I tried several times to record an example with my phone but the phone must do some audio processing to fade in an abrupt sound. I was not able to capture the glitch.

It does seem more apparent on some albums/tracks. If the track has a fade in, there is no click. If the audio comes in at full volume at the beginning of the track, it sounds like the first fraction of a second is clipped off.
Does this happens with Roon local files or TIDAL? I ask because the same issue happens when streaming TIDAL content over Roon. If I stream the same tune over Roon but with Qobuz, then the issue doesn’t happen. I think it’s a TIDAL MQA issue. BTW, it happens with my i2 and also with my X-SABRE 3.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 04-30-2023

(04-30-2023, 03:02 PM)Enrico_1425 提到: Does this happens with Roon local files or TIDAL? I ask because the same issue happens when streaming TIDAL content over Roon. If I stream the same tune over Roon but with Qobuz, then the issue doesn’t happen. I think it’s a TIDAL MQA issue. BTW, it happens with my i2 and also with my X-SABRE 3.

I have noticed it most with local FLAC files (16/44). I'll pay more attention to the source when it happens again.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-08-2023

I finally got some time to record a sample of the ticking issue with the Element I2. This is playing back the first few seconds of "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" by Steely Dan. I start playing and restart the track after 5 seconds. At the beginning of the track, just as the music comes in, you can hear a faint tick. I'm using Roon and playing a FLAC that I ripped myself. I compared this to the exact same track playing back over a mini-i Pro 3. As you can hear, no tick. You can ignore the mouse clicks.

The degree of the tick in the I2 varies. Sometimes it's not noticeable. Sometimes it's very disruptive.

http://mikedecock.com/audio/ElementI2.m4a

http://mikedecock.com/audio/mini-ipro3.m4a

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Mike_2541 - 05-10-2023

(05-08-2023, 10:19 PM)Mike_2541 提到: I finally got some time to record a sample of the ticking issue with the Element I2. This is playing back the first few seconds of "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" by Steely Dan. I start playing and restart the track after 5 seconds. At the beginning of the track, just as the music comes in, you can hear a faint tick. I'm using Roon and playing a FLAC that I ripped myself. I compared this to the exact same track playing back over a mini-i Pro 3. As you can hear, no tick. You can ignore the mouse clicks.

The degree of the tick in the I2 varies. Sometimes it's not noticeable. Sometimes it's very disruptive.

http://mikedecock.com/audio/ElementI2.m4a

http://mikedecock.com/audio/mini-ipro3.m4a

Should I open a support ticket on this or something? This may be a dealbreaker for me. I need to decide if I'm going to return it or not.

RE: Collecting bugs of 2nd gen element series products - Wei Cao - 05-17-2023

(05-10-2023, 10:07 PM)Mike_2541 提到: Should I open a support ticket on this or something? This may be a dealbreaker for me. I need to decide if I'm going to return it or not.
Dear Mike,
I listened the recording, with maximum volume I heard thepopping noise.
I have forwarded this issue to the dev team and try to reproduce at our side. Thanks for your understanding.