Please allow us to apologies to the first batch of customers of mini-i Pro 3 and mini-i 3. The Roon Ready certification, which was originally planned to be completed by the end of October 2020, has been finally finished until today.
In the past few months, Matrix has devoted a large part of its research and development efforts to Roon Ready certification. We went through more than 4 rounds of firmware modification and tests together with Roon Labs team members located in the US and France, and solved all technical issues and passed the strict tests by Roon Labs. Roon have updated the certification status of mini-i Pro 3 and mini-i 3 on January 27th.
In order to ensure that your mini-i Pro 3 or mini-i 3 can work properly with Roon, make sure the firmware of the unit and Roon software are up to date. The firmware will be available for download later today.
mini-i Pro 3
Firmware version numbers
1. Bug fixes according to Roon Ready certification;
2. Fixed the issue that, in some cases, AirPlay playback leads to the DAC no response;
3. Added hearing protection functionality;
4. Added analog input signal detection switch.
You can set the output volume of mini-i Pro 3 and mini-i 3 through Roon controller app, and even control the unit on and off.
What's more worth mentioning is, when the mini-i Pro 3 or mini-i 3 is working as a Roon Ready endpoint, the track titles, the artist names, the album art images, the audio sampling rate and even the playback progress bar can be shown in the device display simultaneously. Before the mini-i 3 series was born, perhaps only more expensive Roon Ready products have these functionalities.
Being Roon Ready means that Matrix network players transparently discover and connect to Roon without any configuration, and bit-perfect audio is delivered from Roon to your network player. Click HERE to learn more about Roon.
Enable hearing protection to prevent hearing damage and startle caused by misoperating volume, you need to press knob to confirm after prompt apear on screen and then continue to increase volume.
Line input detection:
When listening to a symphony with a large dynamic range or watching a movie, the audio will contain long time low-amplitude audio signals, such as a long period of no dialogue and no soundtrack in a movie, or a long period between symphony chapters, this situation may meet the condition of mini-i 3 automatic mute, but the actual situation is that there is no need to mute at this time, so we added the "Line input detection" setting item, if you need a usage scenarios like described above, please turn off the "Line input detection" to avoid the effect of the automatic mute to the DAC. For most music, it's no need to turn off this option. When the "Line input detection" is turned off, the automatic standby function will be disabled under the line input channel.
1. Turn the device on and connect it to the Internet. Press the “i” button on the rear panel of the unit to enter Settings menu.
2. Rotate the knob, find the “Firmware Update” option, press the knob to enter.
3. Press the knob to check for updates.
4. If update is available, the firmware version will be displayed. The C513A7 is for mini-i 3, and the C513B7 is for mini-i Pro 3. Now press the knob to start install update.
5. The upgrade process takes about 2 minutes, the device will reboot automatically after update is complete.
6. After the update is complete, re-enter the Settings menu and select the "Info" option to view the current firmware version number.