主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Mini-i Pro 4 / AirPlay volume sync issues
Hi! I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. I try to explain it as brief as possible:

Setup: mini-i as preamp with Genelec active speakers. So I rely on the mini-i for volume control.

It seems, the volume between iOS / Apple Music doesn’t synchronise correctly. An example: the display and the MA Remote app show 45. But the volume slider in Apple Music shows 70. That’s not correct, the actual volume for playback that I hear is 45. When I now use Apple Music (or the iPad’s volume buttons) to control the volume, the actual volume jumps up to 70. That’s crazy loud.

When I use the mini-i remote or the MA Remote app to adjust the volume, the volume slider in the Apple Music app reflects this change. Apple Music and the mini-i are briefly in sync, both showing the same correct volume setting. But as soon as I select a new album or song in Apple Music, the volume slider in Apple Music jumps up again to maybe 50 or 70 without actually changing the volume. Only if I then try to adjust the volume within Apple Music will the Volume change to the value the slider was erroneously showing.

Does anyone see similar behaviour with AirPlay? Is this an AirPlay bug? Or is something in my setup causing these volume syncing problems? 

Cheers!
回复
(03-26-2024, 08:27 PM)Frank_2839 提到: Hi! I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. I try to explain it as brief as possible:

Setup: mini-i as preamp with Genelec active speakers. So I rely on the mini-i for volume control.

It seems, the volume between iOS / Apple Music doesn’t synchronise correctly. An example: the display and the MA Remote app show 45. But the volume slider in Apple Music shows 70. That’s not correct, the actual volume for playback that I hear is 45. When I now use Apple Music (or the iPad’s volume buttons) to control the volume, the actual volume jumps up to 70. That’s crazy loud.

When I use the mini-i remote or the MA Remote app to adjust the volume, the volume slider in the Apple Music app reflects this change. Apple Music and the mini-i are briefly in sync, both showing the same correct volume setting. But as soon as I select a new album or song in Apple Music, the volume slider in Apple Music jumps up again to maybe 50 or 70 without actually changing the volume. Only if I then try to adjust the volume within Apple Music will the Volume change to the value the slider was erroneously showing.

Does anyone see similar behaviour with AirPlay? Is this an AirPlay bug? Or is something in my setup causing these volume syncing problems? 

Cheers!
Hi Frank,

I will forward this issue to the dev team. Thanks for your feedback.
回复
Hi Hui, thank you for forwarding this.

In the meantime, I’ve stumbled upon additional informations that might be useful:

iOS jumps back to its volume setting before it connects to the mini-i via Airplay.

An example: the volume control of the iPad shows 35. When connecting to the mini-i, the volume setting in iOS stays the same. When I use the volume controls of the mini-i, iOS briefly reflects the mini-i's volume setting correctly, until it jumps back to the volume setting before connecting via Airplay.

I am happy I found that out. I can at least prevent my active speakers from jumping to incredibly loud volumes by simply turning down the volume before connecting via Airplay.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客